★☆★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★☆★

jeepin79

Reaction score
Another new Nexus owner from Chicago. If any of you are from the Chicago area and are updating from 3g to 4g, there is a $100.00 promotion if you are upgrading. I just upgraded from an OG to the Nexus and got my Nexus for $199.99. Make sure you mention it to your sales consultant because it may not appear automatically. Also, the purchase MUST be made in a VZW corporate store, no resellers to get the deal.

FAST, VERY FAST!! I was logged into my Google account and my apps were on my phone before I knew it.

I'll add my voice to the chorus, this phone feels very good....not chaep and the screen is awesome~

I am out in the burbs and am upgrading this afternoon, can you be more specific on this $100? What exactly is the $100 promo for?

LuvMusic

Reaction score
Somebody please take a look at the memory before installing any apps. How much of that internal memory is actually left for the user? With no SD card this could be a deal breaker....

My phone reports 28.13GB of available storage space before apps. So, looks like 3.87gb for system files.

otmlb1128

Reaction score
I haven't read through this thread, but is anyone else having a problem with signing in on setup? Mine is going on 20 minutes or so. Still waiting.

I just hit cancel, powered it off, and then started it back up again. Everything was all set up.

pchakmak

Reaction score
Anyone find where we can customize the LED notification light?? Located in message/facebook/twitter apps??

LuvMusic

Reaction score
I am out in the burbs and am upgrading this afternoon, can you be more specific on this $100? What exactly is the $100 promo for?

I thought you need the snail mail letter to get the $100 off.

No "snail mail" coupon needed....this is not one of those loyalty rewards coupons that were mailed last week. This is a special VZW promotion to encourage people to upgrade from a 3g device to a 4g device. Requirements are:

- Currently a VZW customer.
- In Chicago/midwest...I can only validate Chicago.
- Renewing contract for 2 years.
- Early renewal OK. I'm 20 months into my contract and was eligible for a new device at the regular discounted rate. This is an additional $100.00 off!
- Phone must be purchased in a VZW corporate store.
- Promotion active through December 31st

That's it! As I said, make sure you talk about the promotion with your sales consultant. This promotion seems to be a bit "under the radar" and my consultant was not aware of the promotion.

Hope this helps!

mach330

Reaction score
so can you guys activate without going to vzw store? I ordered mine online. can i activate from home like my previous phones? Or does vzw have to do something with the sim card.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. ^

And omg, the video on this thing is AMAZING! And it's so fast! (my first 4G phone) Just got done unlocking the bootloader and rooting it.

Can Netflix not stream HD with the app?

astokes

Reaction score
Got mine a couple of hours ago! Man I love this phone, screen is awesome and ICS is so sweet. I actually got the last phone from the store! Back to playing oh I mean configuring ;/

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Just got my Nexus and the otterbox and for those that had the og. The Nexus with the otterbox defender case is slightly thinner then the og. I love it. Only thing I have a issue with is that damn speaker its just so quiet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Honcho

Reaction score
Just walked in the Verizon store about an hour ago. No wait. My store had about 40 phones, so I wasn't worried. Let the early morning peeps battle it out to get theirs first. I was told they sold over 30 in the first two hours. They had me activated in 10 minutes.

I had a $30 upgrade available and a Living Social coupon. I WAS ALLOWED to piggy back them both. :biggrin: So I got $80 off the new phone. Since I was allowed both, I decided to bundle it up (even though I thought it was overpriced). I purchased the extra battery/charging kit ($40), the double cover case($30) and some protective shields ($15). Since I got three accessories, I was given even more of a discount. I thought the biggest ripoff was the case.

So when I went to pay for it, the final bill was $323. I then was given a $17 credit on my nest bill for buying the 3 accessories. So, in essence, I got all the accessories for free.

My apps seem to be transferring as I'm typing this. So that's cool that I do not have to re-download them all. I have not yet received the O.T.A yet.

Well that is my story with the Nexus purchase. I was in and out in 30 min. And I got a good nights sleep. Hope the rest of you had good luck locking one in.

I know that this may come off as me acting like a teenager, but This phone is PIMP!:rating10:

Now the urge to resit to play with it and have a productive work day :p

EDIT: Just received the O.T.A. about 90 min later.

Last edited:

goosedeath

Reaction score
Just reserved the last one at the closest store to me. Woot woot!

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

thedead04

Reaction score
Anyone know what the "Verizon Login" app is that came preinstalled and whether or not its safe to disable?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
No "snail mail" coupon needed....this is not one of those loyalty rewards coupons that were mailed last week. This is a special VZW promotion to encourage people to upgrade from a 3g device to a 4g device. Requirements are:

- Currently a VZW customer.
- In Chicago/midwest...I can only validate Chicago.
- Renewing contract for 2 years.
- Early renewal OK. I'm 20 months into my contract and was eligible for a new device at the regular discounted rate. This is an additional $100.00 off!
- Phone must be purchased in a VZW corporate store.
- Promotion active through December 31st

That's it! As I said, make sure you talk about the promotion with your sales consultant. This promotion seems to be a bit "under the radar" and my consultant was not aware of the promotion.

Hope this helps!

So, I olrdered me Gnex over the phone this AM and paid the standard $269 after NE2 upgrade discount. I called back after reading this and asked the rep about it. It took her a solid 10 minutes just to find the promotion, and then she informed me that the promotion is only available for qualifying phone numbers. I'm not sure what the qualifications are. I live in Michigan and currently have (2) 3g phones on separate accounts... neither qualified for the $100 promo discount. :-(