★☆★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★☆★

Syraz

Reaction score
Switch to Nova launcher since its pretty much similar to stock but with all the nifty tweaks, tossed on francos kernel.. gonna enjoy this bad boy..

kikitt

Reaction score
Finally got mine!

I have finally got my GNex!! It is by far my favorite phone that I have owned! The only issue I have is that it dies fairly quick but I am sure I can find a way to work around it haha, probably get he extended battery as long as it doesn't make the GNex too much thicker. I dunno how much that will help though any recommendations on battery life?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have finally got my GNex!! It is by far my favorite phone that I have owned! The only issue I have is that it dies fairly quick but I am sure I can find a way to work around it haha, probably get he extended battery as long as it doesn't make the GNex too much thicker. I dunno how much that will help though any recommendations on battery life?

Congrats on the Nexus! Mine had battery problems when I first got it too running it on stock, but once you root, get on a custom from(preferably AOKP) and a new kernel, you'll see amazing changes in battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

NatWu

Reaction score
Got mine last night. One for me, one for the wife. I ordered mine through Newegg. As a renewing customer, they were $249 through Verizon online. I'm not the kind to go to the store and dicker with sales people. On Newegg, they were $229. Sounded good to me, so I went ahead and did it. The ordering process was really easy. They gave me automatic 2-day shipping with FedEx. There was one snag with activation. The activation required me to call the third-party vendor (Simplexity). Not that that was a problem, but they couldn't activate the phones since I was cancelling a third line at the same time. All it took was a fairly quick call to Verizon, but the Verizon rep had to call Simplexity to handle the problem. Altogether, it took about an hour.

After that, it was a beautiful experience! It's so smooth, so fast! No problems on this side, except for syncing Twitter and Facebook.
dancingnexus.gif

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Congrats on the Nexus NatWu!! DancingNexus

skruid

Reaction score
Got my nexus cdma yesterday and I love it, just got to root it and unlock it and I will be set, can't wait, came from Droid 2 global, must say one hell of an improvement

Syraz

Reaction score
Congrats! remember do the unlock asap, it does a system restore during process and you lose EVERYTHING even pictures

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Got my nexus cdma yesterday and I love it, just got to root it and unlock it and I will be set, can't wait, came from Droid 2 global, must say one hell of an improvement

Congrats skruid!!

Congrats! remember do the unlock asap, it does a system restore during process and you lose EVERYTHING even pictures

Good tip syraz. I did not know that it wiped pics when I was doing it, thankfully I only lost some test shots I had taken and nothing important really.

skruid

Reaction score
This phone is a beautiful machine, I read up about unlocking it wipes everything, so I haven't got anything to important on this phone yet

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
This phone is a beautiful machine, I read up about unlocking it wipes everything, so I haven't got anything to important on this phone yet

Happy modding!! Tons of great ROMs, tweaks, and themes out there to enjoy. It's like a buffet DancingNexus

Djanvk

Reaction score
Huge upgrade, just got my Nexus went from the OG Droid. I'm amazed so far, feel like the first time I got my hands on my wife couldn't keep em off her...:biggrin:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Congrats Djanvk!! Just be careful she doesn't get jealous and you get yourself in some trouble :blink: