★☆★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★☆★

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Got mine a 4 days ago, I was starting to get disappointed about signal and battery life issues...rooted and rommed it last night=now great battery and superfast!!!

Congrats whodidthis!! Loving my rooted and rommed Nexus too!!

Just got mine today. I have been looking into this device for months, and have seen lots of videos on the facial recognition. It is amazing that no one is talking about the difficulty to sync facebook with ics. It's a new device so I don't want to root just yet. It must be an easy fix, so sorry if I sound like a newbie. Thanks for the help. Other than this the phone is awsome.

Try using "Friend Caster" it worked for me. There are other apps that people use successfully but FC is the only one I tried.

viper689

Reaction score
Got me a GNex after all the issues I was having with the Droid2Global. While I loved that phone (even after 3 replacements), I love this one even more =)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Got me a GNex after all the issues I was having with the Droid2Global. While I loved that phone (even after 3 replacements), I love this one even more =)

Great to here!! Congrats viper DancingNexus

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
Wow, is Sunday ever going to get here? Ever since the Nexus has been released, ive been pacing....reading...and waiting! Going to use the upgrade for my wife's phone this weekend, but it feels like im waiting a lifetime!

Just thought id get an early "hello" in to pass the time! DancingNexus

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Just hold on for a few more days. I know you can do it!
When it gets here it will be worth it and then you can come back and do the "I got it" post DancingNexus

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
I'm excited to say that I'm replying on my hours old galaxy nexus. What an amazing phone. Not a single complaint as of yet. I'm extremely happy to join the nexus user club!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm excited to say that I'm replying on my hours old galaxy nexus. What an amazing phone. Not a single complaint as of yet. I'm extremely happy to join the nexus user club!

Congrats on joining the club!! I agree the nexus rocks DancingNexus

BigCTM

Reaction score
Picked up a brand new Nexus with extended battery for 360 off of Craigslist...It is awesome so far. Mainly bought it due to it being a Nexus device...Hopefully Verizon will not get in the way of updates too much...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Picked up a brand new Nexus with extended battery for 360 off of Craigslist...It is awesome so far. Mainly bought it due to it being a Nexus device...Hopefully Verizon will not get in the way of updates too much...

Congrats on getting a Nexus!! And a crazy good deal might I add DancingNexus

Kias

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is finally the day I put my og Droid to rest. My GN is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Rest in Peace good buddy.

cover.jpg

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Well, tomorrow is finally the day I put my og Droid to rest. My GN is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Rest in Peace good buddy.

cover.jpg

Congrats on the GNex! That is a pretty cool battery cover for the D1, did ya do that?

Kias

Reaction score
Congrats on the GNex! That is a pretty cool battery cover for the D1, did ya do that?

No, I didn't do that. I got that done at Rock on the Range in Columbus, OH last year. The company (I forget the name) called it 'phone tattoos'. However, anyone else in their right mind, would call it an engraving, as that's what it is. Hopefully they'll be back again this year so I can get my Nexus done up! 4 more months 'til the party! 1 more day til I get the phone!! Can't wait for either one!
DancingNexus

Droidrookie84

Reaction score
Got my nexus last Thursday and been loving it since