★ The Official "I got my Droid RAZR Thread" ★

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by wicked, Nov 10, 2011.

1. madge

madge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, I've had my razr for a week now. I upgraded from a Blackberry Torch, so it's obviously QUITE the upgrade.
    My experience has been phenomenal so far. I love everything about it and have found some great advice on this site so thanks for that.

2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    You're welcome Madge! And welcome to DF and the world of Android. Have fun!

3. UncleVanya

UncleVanya New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Used picked up from a former VZW employee. MINT paid less than most seen to.

Sent via Tapatalk...

4. islandsnow

islandsnow New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Razr community, I'm joining you now as of today. Had a rough road before getting my razr.

I actually started off with the Droid 3, I had so many issues. Went through 5 of them, I finally got tired and requested a supervisor multiple times over the issues i was having, they first replaced my droid 3 with a htc rhyme, for those that don't know, that phone only comes in the color PURPLE, yes purple. I'm in my mid 20's, i'm not walking around with a teenagers phone.

Vzw suggested I get a case to cover it, after going through more supervisors I finally got someone that understood me and sent me the razr as a replacement and I couldn't be happier.

Im a current Apple employee and was close to jumping back into the iOS world but ICS has pulled me back in. I've never used it before until this phone. Gingerbread was awful and I hope carriers will stop selling phones with it preinstalled because its so dated and waters down the experience for android first timers.

I have no plans into rooting/modding my droid, im pretty happy how things are and is quick, I'd take reliability over fancy features anyway. I cant tell you how many moments I tried to capture with my droid 3 only for it to restart or it would freeze while taking video/pictures.

The other week I was helping someone that was in a car accident that happened in front of me and I had to restart my droid because I couldn't dial 911 so i'm grateful for this phone and vzw for keeping me as a customer.

I went to a carshow this past weekend and the razr took some kick ass pictures. Wish there was a external battery case accessory like for iphones but this otterbox case will do for now. Looks more like a brick than a razr but oh well. View attachment 58322 View attachment 58323

5. olbapnauj

olbapnauj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oi oi!

I've had my razr for a month i upgraded from a Blackberry storm 2 ewwww..

I am very happy to join this community btw this is my first android phone and i love it!.

I'll hope for a JB release

6. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got my droid RAZR on black Friday and rooted it within an hour of getting home.. running the eclipse ROM and pretty friggin happy.

Only complaint would be ROM related; no lock screen calendar.. but oh well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

7. DragonSky3

DragonSky3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Droid Razr 16GB last Wednesday from Verizon and I have to say I am LOVING it!!!! response times are fast, and crisp. plus i am really enjoying actually having room to download apps as my originial droid phone was a LG Vortex then I updated/downgraded to an original Motorola Droid 1, both of which had little room to do anything on. I am also liking the Smart Actions apps that came with the phone as it allows me to save battery life when i am not using it which is really helpful.

One thing i have noticed is it does not like to be plugged in for long periods like overnight did it one time and it was very warm. so i setup the Smart Action Sleep to disable most apps and data transfer for a specific time and it works great so far. 90% battery when i go to bed and about 80% to 70% when i get up :D

8. wolfe69

wolfe69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have had mine for a while now....LOVE IT. Just wish they would get updates out in a more timely fashion, like the Jelly Bean update.

9. scc2651

scc2651 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just traded up when my Palm Plus died! Really like the Droid. Everyone else has that other phone and I did not like that it is locked up tight...

10. Brian43

Brian43 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i enjoy it but do not know how to stop apps from running and using data after i am done with them. in example if i use pandora and go off it i have to go into my menu, go to settings, apps, and then "force stop" the app in order for the music to stop. is there any easier way of closing running apps?

11. NinJette

NinJette New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery on Droid RAZR

yes, I can tell you how the battery is doing: ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE seeing as how its dead...

i bought this phone online at ebay and waited three weeks to get it, when I finally did I was so happy and excited. I turned it on, saw it was at 80% so I stuck it on the charger that came with it and waited...and waited til two hours passed and it hadn't charged even one percent. So I did all the activation stuff and hooked it up to straight talk, then decided to charge it again at 40%...nothing. My hubby is a computer whiz and can do literally anything to anything electronic. So I had him see if he could get it to charge. He ended up with five different chargers and got none of them to work. We are guessing that theres something wrong with the connection between the micro usb port and the internal battery. The chances of me having to send it back to the seller under Motorola Warranty are pretty high: unless someone on here can help me...

I went to WalMart and bought a Rapid Car Charger and have had it out in the car charging for an hour now. it was at zero percent when I plugged it in, after 20 minutes it was up to a whopping 5%.

I'm thinking this is a common problem, because I've been on forums all evening and have seen lots of similar posts, and most of them unanswered, or, if they are answered, all say to get a rapid charger or hold down power and volume down simultaneously. I tried that and it just goes into Flash boot mode, which doesn't do anything. just says battery too low for usb mode or whatever...

please help.

12. NinJette

NinJette New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can download an app manager from the play store. its free. Just set the app on your main screen so its easy to get to and you can open it up and quit all the apps you don't want running. Save your battery that way. If youre one of the fortunate people who have a droid razr with a working battery, unlike me. lol

Search tags for this page
do droids have facetime
does droid maxx have facetime
does droid razr have facetime
droid razr m face time
facetime for droids
how to facetime on driod razr maxx

how to facetime on droid razr

razr vt910
soul by ludacris with razor droid phone
vt910 motorola