★ The Official "I got my Droid RAZR Thread" ★

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Just got rid of my 5 year Droid 3 lol (sarcasm) and bought this razr from a guy who said he didn't like it. I on the other love it. To be honest its using everything from the Droid 3 just in the way it was supposed to be ran. The camera is fast and accurate, it actually runs as if there's more than one core lol and I'm really loving this phone period.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Isisblueyes

Reaction score
My first Droid was the Droid X and I spent WAY too much money on it. Traded it in for the Droid Bionic and after going thru 2 Bionics, my Verizon Rep suggested the Razr as a replacement and I couldn't be happier!! The Bionic had camera issues, touchscreen problems, internet problems, and a couple of other features that made the phone a pain in the butt. The screen on my Razr is brilliantly bright and the video and camera functions are awesome. It would be nice to have more editing features but I'm sure there's an AP for that...lol! I've only had her about 2 weeks and I really have no complaints!! Well, maybe one...there aren't enough faceplate/covers to choose from and that sux :/ I really like changing up my phone covers. I'll probably end up making my own faceplate/cover anyway.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my RAZR!!! :icon_ lala:

vmaxed

Reaction score
I had a Droid X and a IPhone 4s,now I have a Razr Max dancedroid

ravenmyst33

Reaction score
Had an HTC Rhyme that took an extreme dump on my otherwise dull Wednesday. Good thing I was within shouting distance from a Verizon store! They hooked me up with this brilliant Razr, and I am lovin' it...except for a couple of things...a)I'm not what you would call droid savvy. What is root? how does one root a phone? b)how do I attach a photo from a text to a contact? c)how does one get rid of all of the bloatware on the phone?
Thanks in advance to all who may answer these ridiculous questions, because you are all DroidGods! and I, alas, am not worthy...:hail:

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
ravenmyst33 said:
Had an HTC Rhyme that took an extreme dump on my otherwise dull Wednesday. Good thing I was within shouting distance from a Verizon store! They hooked me up with this brilliant Razr, and I am lovin' it...except for a couple of things...a)I'm not what you would call droid savvy. What is root? how does one root a phone? b)how do I attach a photo from a text to a contact? c)how does one get rid of all of the bloatware on the phone?
Thanks in advance to all who may answer these ridiculous questions, because you are all DroidGods! and I, alas, am not worthy...:hail:

Well you are in the right forums. You should look around bit like under the hacking forums and such. Rooting is simply giving the user more power or permission over their phone.

gupie1

Reaction score
Hey just got my Droid Razr. I am loving it so far. It is fast. I am coming from droidx.DancingNexus

mapd00d

Reaction score
I was at the store on 11/11/11 at 11:01, waiting at the register because they said I couldn't check out until the clock hit 11:11. Good times

Reaction score
mapd00d said:
I was at the store on 11/11/11 at 11:01, waiting at the register because they said I couldn't check out until the clock hit 11:11. Good times

Lmao

KRyan424

Reaction score
i guess i'm just a late bloomer in the droid world. i've had several android but my house is literally a cell signal black hole but i got the razr a couple weeks ago for my birthday (switched over from the crap that is t-mobile) and it has run beautifully ever since. i finally found a phone and carrier that actually works properly in my house. went through several and i saw a friend of mine had one that actually worked in my house. i came from an htc sensation 4g after finding out that htc has horrid support and t-mo is still selling a dead phone for $500. so far i've only had one issue and thats with go sms. after the update i kept getting duplicate texts in both go sms and the stock app. its a pain cause i love the customization of that app but i'm hoping that issue will be resolved soon. otherwise, i'm totally in love with this phone. :hail:

Metallitron

Reaction score
Well I finally joined the twenty first century (only a decade or so late) and got myself a cell phone, and it just so happens to be a Droid RAZR, all my friends are jealous that I've got a better phone than them (not that they will admit to this), but since I'm still new to this it's taking me some time to learn all the awesome features of this bad boy.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Metallitron said:
Well I finally joined the twenty first century (only a decade or so late) and got myself a cell phone, and it just so happens to be a Droid RAZR, all my friends are jealous that I've got a better phone than them (not that they will admit to this), but since I'm still new to this it's taking me some time to learn all the awesome features of this bad boy.

Wow! Very first! Wow!

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

mapd00d

Reaction score
KRyan424 said:
so far i've only had one issue and thats with go sms. after the update i kept getting duplicate texts in both go sms and the stock app. its a pain cause i love the customization of that app but i'm hoping that issue will be resolved soon. otherwise, i'm totally in love with this phone. :hail:

Open the stock texting app. Hit Menu softkey. Then Settings. And somewhere in the settings you can disable notifications.