★ The Official "I got my Droid RAZR Thread" ★

WhiteWolf

Reaction score
Just got home with my RAZR and an Otterbox Commuter case. My god this thing is light, and it's no thicker than my D1 without it's case.

But.... I have a slight problem. I used Titanium Backup on my D1 to backup all my apps and whatnot, then swapped the card into my RAZR..... and TB on the RAZR doesn't see the backup. And going into Astro, it looks like nothing is there even, despite there being only 4 gig free (of 16). Do the RAZR and D1 have different File Systems? Anyone know of a way I can get my backup restored onto my RAZR? The big things I'm looking for are stored news articles from my RSS scraper, my stored work hours (I keep my own records in case my employer screws up, which HAS happened. And my text history! I really need that.
So if anyone's got any advice on this front.. help! Crossposting this section to the support forum too.

dracos

Reaction score
Whitewolf,

It could be because on the new Droids that the internal sdcard has a mountpoint of /mnt/sdcard and the external one is /mnt/sdcard-ext which is where your save is. Can't remember if you can point titanium at alternate directories you can always copy the backup over to internal storage.

Edit:
Looks like you can change the default directory in the settings for titanium.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WhiteWolf

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the help :D
Now here's hoping I don't end up bricking my phone by restoring the wrong thing :B

groovydeus

Reaction score
Picked up my RAZR last night. Couldn't be happier. Was torn between the RAZR and the upcoming Nexus - but having come from the D1, I have been really impressed with the build quality. Feels solid...thin and light. The 4G LTE is FAST. I was running MIUI previously and did like that interface much better (and hoping for a MIUI version for the RAZR). The only think that tweaks me is all the crap that came preinstalled. Oh...and I got the Mobility package (dock, car mount, etc...). Docking the phone with HDMI to the TV is very cool. All that's really needed some sort of a Bluetooth remote for the phone and I could get rid of my Roku.

zoomer

Reaction score
I got my new Razr on Friday. I am a smart phone virgin. This is my first! I love this phone. I wish I knew more about how to do things on it. My 13 y/o is showing me new funtions on it all the time! I couldn't be happier. Plus it's a motorola.

Data

Reaction score
Picked up my RAZR two days ago, so far i love it........ going from OD it's a big improvement......

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
Purchased mine today. Loving it. Learned a lot about what I needed to do this day so that I would not have the problems others have had.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I finally retired my OG, a sad day. Tempered by the purchase of my new Droid Razr. The device is outstanding so far. After spending 3 weeks reading the boards I knew what to expect. The screen looks great to me. Right now i'm streaming a movie to run the battery down for a 2nd charge. The phone is way faster than the OG and i can't believe how much lighter it is than the OG.

The only complaint I have has to do with the market. It didn't automatically download my apps. I had to go in and install half of them manually.

I like the Motocast feature. It seems to be working pretty well so far.

Over all i'm quite pleased.

pbuono

Reaction score
Awesome phone so far. The only drawback is the fact that we can't replace the battery. Had some glitches with the smart app but not enough to throw it out the window..... Thimbs ups from me

TwoBuells

Reaction score
View attachment 44094

Purchased a RAZR a few days ago. Love the big screen. Its very light and super thin. The only thing I don’t like, its easy to slip out of your hands. The textured case I have helps but it defeats the thinness of the phone.
I think the New RAZR is the best smartphone since the first Droid....

Bring on the Custom ROM’s

Last edited:

TONYCARO

Reaction score
I know this is a Razr forum but getting ready to plunk a couple C notes down. Is the GNEX truly a step up from the razr with the better (spec wise) and a couple of other specs the the Razr?:blink:

spybo5

Reaction score
I got mine 3 wks ago.. its an amazing phone because of the design, gets everyone noticed.. but i would like to ask, does anyone here use 3rd party earpiece with control talk, such as Beats by Dr Dre Tour or Soul by Ludacris SL99..??? I would like to know if those earpiece are compatible to use with the droid RAZR..

johnnycool001

Reaction score
after much reserch, I pulled the trigger, had it 3 days now, comming from the OG, I am now enjoying the speed of duel core, and the fuction of gingerbread, the blur, is not bad, motocast and smart actions are nice. loving having a bigger screen,

sarabush1968

Reaction score
I got my Razr as an early Christmas present from my hubby because my Storm started going to a black screen in which I would have to pull the battery to get it back to normal. So far it is a great phone and I am loving it! However, I am not exactly tech savvy and am having difficulties figuring out what apps may be best for me to use. Anyone have knowledge of a good website that will help me determine what route I may need to go to figure out which apps I actually do need ? Or any advice from all of you tech savvy people ? :) thanks!