Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I got mine as soon as the store opened. It is Sweet! It actually seems like its getting faster as I've been using it.

They had a deal at Vzw for today only where you can get the extended battery for half off ($25) so I grabbed that too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Is the extended battery fatter than original? Does it need a different battery door?

bgreene07

Reaction score
I was going to get the extended battery but after I saw it on the phone I decided against it. It makes it alot fatter, similar to the thunderbolt. But the phone is working awesome, super fast!

ltfrakes

Reaction score
Picked it up at early open VZW store this morning at 8 AM. Loving the speed, motoprint, desktop sharing. Buy the extended battery as 4G is a power pig. They will give you 50% off if you ask. Also 25% of on other accessories if you buy 3.

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Could someone post a pic of there Bionic with the extended battery on it?

Realistic

Reaction score
Got mine this morning just after 10am, activation took forever still some data connection problems gonna give it a day to see if the issues go away before i call in crying. So nice to have a phone that turns off and on when I ask it too.

I asked about accessory deals but they only told about some screen protectors with a crappy case, I didn't want em. Guess I'll buy from amazon.

sk102704

Reaction score
Is the extended battery fatter than original? Does it need a different battery door?

It does need a different door which it comes with. I actually haven't put the extended battery in yet. May use both batteries and use the extended battery if I have a day where the extra juice is needed.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It does need a different door which it comes with. I actually haven't put the extended battery in yet. May use both batteries and use the extended battery if I have a day where the extra juice is needed.

Thanks!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Got mine at vzw store, $342 total for the phone, hdmi cable and cardock. They wanted $70 for desktop cradle and told them in not so many words, thats crazy. Was around $30 for droid and droid 2.. Ill wait for it to go on sale. This car dock, unlike others, doesnt have a magnet and was having issues at the store (Went back in around 5 times) because it wasnt switching to car dock automatically...seems to be working now. As for the home screen app, it sucks...if thats what motoblur is... I dont like having 5 random contacts on the top of the 2nd page. Restoring backup now and see what happens.. will keep posted..

mdroid2g

Reaction score
well my costco does not have any in stock yet and they are still unloading the truck and he would give me a call. luckly I have the day off and I can sit around in the parking lot or the food court

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

mike02vr6

Reaction score
I really want to wait but not sure if I can wait, are they offering bundles? I hear people saying Costco is giving a car dock or something like that. Congrats to all who have the phone right now.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
got mine activated without issue. a little disappointed with the pentile screen, but I can live with it!

I think the screen looks great to be honest. Phone flies... dont let them talk you into a car adapter if you already have one, they tried to, but I said the one I have now will work fine, then he said as long as its micro sd. Then my droid 2 global started making clicking noises, so I took the battery out, still doing it.. weird.

LT*

Reaction score
Got mine at vzw store, $342 total for the phone, hdmi cable and cardock. They wanted $70 for desktop cradle and told them in not so many words, thats crazy. Was around $30 for droid and droid 2.. Ill wait for it to go on sale. This car dock, unlike others, doesnt have a magnet and was having issues at the store (Went back in around 5 times) because it wasnt switching to car dock automatically...seems to be working now. As for the home screen app, it sucks...if thats what motoblur is... I dont like having 5 random contacts on the top of the 2nd page. Restoring backup now and see what happens.. will keep posted..

Try swiping down on those 5 random contacts...