★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got my Bionic in October but just found this website. Wanted to share a "gotcha" with anyone that is having the same issue. I was having intermittent 3G/4G service. I took the phone to Verizon several times. Last week a tech rep ordered a new phone for me. With frustration at a fever pitch :mad: and a replacement phone on the way, I figured I had nothing to lose. I took the back off, battery out and took the memory stick and sim card out. I put the sim card back in with some "if a hammer doesn't work, get a bigger hammer" force and felt a little click like you get when pushing memory into a motherboard (that's what gave me the idea). I put everything back together and turned the phone back on. 4G city!!! dancedroid Now I don't know what to do when the new phone arrives...:D

ktranger

Reaction score
Well I got my Bionic... now if I only had service.

Picked up my Bionic just three days ago, found the 9.0.1 patch yesterday... which worked great... that is until Verizon started having network issues today.

wooddale

Reaction score
Picked up my Bionic just three days ago, found the 9.0.1 patch yesterday... which worked great... that is until Verizon started having network issues today.

Yeah Im getting tired of waiting for that flipping offical OTA soon a data comes up Im gonna do it

LR1

Reaction score
Got my bionic back in sept. or oct.

Have a love/hate relationship with it...Verizon has alot to do with that...just imagine that.

Waiting for some sort of update to help with data issues like eveyone else....

Cannot get 4g or 3g..have had no data connection for nearly 2 days..this is the longest stretch to date of no data through
Verizons network.

Thank god for my wifi.

Hopefully this will be settled soon.

mdotytx

Reaction score
Got my bionic back in sept. or oct.

Have a love/hate relationship with it...Verizon has alot to do with that...just imagine that.

Waiting for some sort of update to help with data issues like eveyone else....

Cannot get 4g or 3g..have had no data connection for nearly 2 days..this is the longest stretch to date of no data through
Verizons network.

Thank god for my wifi.

Hopefully this will be settled soon.

Have you tried turning the 4g off? I turned mine off and now my bionic is maintaining a strong 3g signal.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

LR1

Reaction score
Have you tried turning the 4g off? I turned mine off and now my bionic is maintaining a strong 3g signal.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Yes, I put it in 3g and it's in an out just as bad. I had the original moto droid and had no problems...even when I had the rep. Look at it it was doing the same thing...he did the 228 thing to update my connection an it had 3g till i left the store...I am told the phone is not defective? I might have to visit them again here soon cause this is frustrating...

cholter4you

Reaction score
Does anyone else unable to install third party apps? It doesn't let me hit the install button

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kamisan

Reaction score
Does anyone else unable to install third party apps? It doesn't let me hit the install button

SETTINGS/APPLICATIONS/ CHECK UNKNOWN SOURCES []
once that is checked it should work. If you install an app that is marked on the market as not working with your device (such as 360 panorama which does work) it will not update nor install from the market but will install if you have the apk and use ASTRO or root explorer to install it.

Market enabler will allow you to spoof the market to download the apps not intended for your phone. Usually if the market wont install it that is due to either it not being tested or outright not working on your phone model. solum vigilo vestri (latin for "cover your butt")

debrad0307

Reaction score
Well I just got mine yesterday. Came from the X so the layout if the phone is nothing new. The only thing I had trouble with was rooting. I almost pulled my hair out but I fixed it. I love this phone. That dual core makes a huge difference. I haven't really got down to "testing" my 4g but I'm sure it will be wonderful. I noticed that there are limited roms for this phone. Can anyone recommended a good one to flash?

wooddale

Reaction score
Well I just got mine yesterday. Came from the X so the layout if the phone is nothing new. The only thing I had trouble with was rooting. I almost pulled my hair out but I fixed it. I love this phone. That dual core makes a huge difference. I haven't really got down to "testing" my 4g but I'm sure it will be wonderful. I noticed that there are limited roms for this phone. Can anyone recommended a good one to flash?

If your on 893 about the only one you can flash is Eclipse which is the one I am on and IMO the smoothest and fastest of the bunch. Good Luck

sfcascooter

Reaction score
Back into the fold!!

I arrived at the Richmond (CA Bay Area) store at 9:30. Three people in line already (turns out two were mother/son buying just one phone). Huge crowd when they finally opened the door at 10 -- but only 6 of us were trying to get the Bionic (one late comer tried to go in front of the people who had been waiting). The rep said they had no phones in the cage in the front -- but that he had sent someone to look at the shipment. The guy came back with one box that he took to the cage and the rep said there were only three (he also said that he had expected there to be 10-15 and that they would get another 12 on the 13th). I was third in line and did some data entry with the rep, went and paid (279.99 plus tax on that -- not on 599 like at BB and VZQ stores), went to the cage and got the bag and back to kisosk for activation.

The bag has the Bionic in its box and then in plastic wrap had the items mentioned earlier (car dock, desk dock, battery charger and extra battery) and some more I didn't expect (fake leather belt case, generic screen protector (trim to fit) and a car charger and an extra wall charger -- that means with the one in the Bionic box you get two wall chargers).

When I got back to the kiosk they had found another box of three -- so six people got it.

The LED notification (upper right) is ridiculously small. Hope I can notice it in the dark because in daylight it is tough -- it also seems to be just green.

Everything great so far!!

Well, I returned mine several months back and got a DINC2 off of Craiglist as I waited for the Nexus and the Rezound -- tried them both and returned them and today saw Costco had a three day sale at $149 with the same bundle as day one and I got one again. The HTC bluetooth and GPS were far weaker.