★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by wicked, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Graymayre

Graymayre Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Also, I think I know why Moto partitioned the internal memory.
    Who here uses more than 8GB for apps? Without heavily bogging the phone down, that is. What's the point of having 16GB when it can only be used for apps and app data?
    Voila, partitioned. Only problem is all the apps that are configured for the root\sdcard path by default, such as Astro and Titanium Backup. If you want to back up to your external, you're going to have to copy files until they update the apps.

And is the pixel grid seriously diagonal? I have never seen that before. What is the reason for that?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

#457 Graymayre, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Not talking about focus speed, talking about the time it takes to open/get ready to take a photo. It's not a focusing issue, it's an application launch speed issue.

3. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I'm not saying it doesn't feel solid, just light.

And you are correct, more weight would (possibly) cause more dammage. However, the amount of extra weight I'm talking about wouldn't affect that all that much.

It's just a nit-picky observation about the phone, that's all.

4. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hmm, that's strange. When I read your reply I went back to the phone because I know I've been cursing trying to find apps--even mentioned it to my wife and my friend. Was having a tough time finding them because they weren't in alphabetical order. Now, when I look again, they are.

I know I was looking at them filtered for All Apps. That's strange. If I hadn't mentioned it to a couple of people I'd think I was going crazy...

5. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +208
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Yea I know what you mean. I liked the heavier feel of the bionic when I had it, but its a nice change, at least for me to carry something bigger, better, and lighter.. again, just a preference :)

6. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I'm not concerned with them partitioning the memory--I get that. What I am annoyed at is how it's all managed. I'm sure it made sense to someone somewhere but, from what I can see, it's one big CF and I believe it's what's causing the disappearing apps bug.

Also, how do you mount the phone to copy stuff to/from the SD card? I can't figure it out. I'm sure, if I did some research, I'd figure it out but I shouldn't have to dig so deeply to figure something so simple out. When I'd mount my OG Droid it was easy to access the SD card. Why the change?

And, as I mentioned before, why only a 16GB SD card. I realize it seems like a LOT of space, however, I started in the computer world with 64k (yes, I said K) of RAM. Back then that was more RAM than anyone ever needed...until something else came along. I remember when you could fit a full OS, applications and data files on a (yes, ONE) 128k floppy. So, 16GB isn't as much space as you might think today.

7. Shadez

Ratings:
    +208
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Ah this post brings back memories, I remember paying $800 for a 20 meg sider hard drive in 1985 to go with my 300 baud Hayes modem to replace the hand built one, one of my friends dad built, and paying like $7 an hour to be on compuserve just to go in CB simulator. The good old BBS days ... showing my age again..

#463 Shadez, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  8. hodgewdm

hodgewdm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice so far

So my wife went out the other day and surprised me with a new Bionic. What a awesome phone!! What a awesome wife!!! Sad to see the D1 go into retirement. That phone was modded about as much as possible. The speed of the Bionic is incredible and i don't have 4G coverage yet...

RIP D1...you will still be my first smartphone and will be relegated to light WI-FI duty only...Thanks for the memories!!!

9. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I never had a Compuserve account, I did, however, have a Genie account if that counts... ;)

10. Shadez

Ratings:
    +208
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Close enough :)

11. wldfyr7

wldfyr7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Going on day 5 with my Bionic. Extremely happy with it so far. Coming from a bb storm 1 &2, no comparison this phone rules!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

12. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Ratings:
    +10
    LOL!

I also was a charter member of AOL back then. Was only available on the Mac at the time. I was #1877 subscriber. I haven't been on AOHell for many many years though.

Am I showing my age?

Search tags for this page

cellzealot

sim icon show up and says please wait until your phone has b