★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

rjp0615

Reaction score
I got my Bionic! This is my fifth Android device, following 2 droids, a droid 2, and a samsung fascinate. I made the horrible mistake of getting an iphone in between.... bad idea! Traded the iPhone for a Bionic, and all i can say is this som***** is fast!

Mer2112

Reaction score
Got mine on Friday and love it! Went with the Costco deal so I'm waiting for the accessories to be mailed. Picked up an Otter Box Commuter case and really like that too. I'm coming from a Droid Eris that I got in Feb. 2009. Great for it's time but just too underpowered all around.

This is my first Motorola since a "Flip" phone back in the early 90's.

rstfl2009

Reaction score
Got the Bionic this past Friday so having it for a few days I really like it. The screen size and the speed of the dual core makes the phone amazing!! I have only one complaint though. The 4g AND 3g goes out every now and then, quite often actually. There are sometimes when I dont have data, all I can do is send text messages and make phone calls. I hope they fix this soon!!! When I do have 4g I am getting up to 20.94mbps download and 10.74mbps upload speeds in the Jacksonville, fl area!!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Got the Bionic this past Friday so having it for a few days I really like it. The screen size and the speed of the dual core makes the phone amazing!! I have only one complaint though. The 4g AND 3g goes out every now and then, quite often actually. There are sometimes when I dont have data, all I can do is send text messages and make phone calls. I hope they fix this soon!!! When I do have 4g I am getting up to 20.94mbps download and 10.74mbps upload speeds in the Jacksonville, fl area!!

A patch to fix this is scheduled for early November.

FastKatt

Reaction score

I really hope so!! A Bionic without 4g is like a truck not having an engine!! Thanks for the response.:biggrin:
Tell me about it!
The fix is to go into & out of Airplane Mode or to Reboot the phone

My problem is, with the extended battery...
I can be at 70% after 3-4hrs of use, then need to reboot because Airplane Mode doesn't restore data...
Upon reboot, my battery that was at 70% will be at 15%! :shocked-b:

If I make it threw a whole battery without rebooting I can get 10-12hrs of use.
If I have to reboot, it could be as little as 4hrs on a charge!
I have already replaced the battery, so that's not the issue.
I haven't tried the stock battery, it's sitting in the center counsel of the car (hopefully charged)... JIC...

darkmatter661

Reaction score
Woohoo new Droid Bionic for me finally! Based on what I came from (see below) you'll see why I'm pretty excited. Couldn't get a pic of the new phone from the old phone so here's a pic of the old phone showing a pic of the new phone :)

View attachment 41456

llt_droid

Reaction score
Just received mine via UPS. It's charging as I speak! Can't wait to delve into it. Bigger and lighter than my OG Droid. I loved that old phone but it just didn't have the juice to use Honeycomb well. I'm excited!!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well!! I just bought my Droid Bionic a little less than a month ago! and sorry to burst everyones bubble LOOK WHAT JUST GOT ANNOUNCED http://androidandme.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/droid-razr-post-image.jpg

N
eedless to say i'm crying in pain right now. The Droid Razr is everything the Bionic is but better, and sexier.

You're about a day late and slightly misinformed about everything being better. Not going to get into it all again, as most of it's preferences...

wooddale

Reaction score
Well!! I just bought my Droid Bionic a little less than a month ago! and sorry to burst everyones bubble LOOK WHAT JUST GOT ANNOUNCED http://androidandme.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/droid-razr-post-image.jpg

N
eedless to say i'm crying in pain right now. The Droid Razr is everything the Bionic is but better, and sexier.

I agree you dont know that if they fix the data problem like there supposed to the Bionic should be great. Granted it sucks we have to wait for it but there is not alot we can do. If they dont fix it early Nov then we *****. Other than the data problem I think the phone is as described.

llt_droid

Reaction score
So my Bionic's been rooted and backed up. So far I just love this phone, especially after coming from the OG Droid which just could no longer handle the latest OS's. The screen doesn't bother me, although we've not seen sun since I got it so don't know how it looks under sunlight. 4G is blazing; just wish I had it in the area I actually live in. All in all, I guess folks can get upset that there's a new one around the corner, but there will ALWAYS be a new one just around the corner. Thanks to all the devs for what they've done for the Bionic so far. I'm a happy camper.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

N

Already a forum for it. Here's a link or just click on the picture of the Razr at the top of this forum!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/177716-welcome-droid-razr-forum.html