★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

motomattz

Reaction score
?

Hey i just downloaded the gamecenter live app for free...i have the bionic..is this legit? It didnt ask for any permissions to charge my card. If i get free hockey on my phone id be stoked. Please let me know!

lowcel

Reaction score
Hello, new to Droids, Verizon, and the Bionic. I picked my Bionic up at Best Buy on Sunday. I first went to the Verizon store for about 40 minutes with no luck getting waited on. Unfortunately that was just the start of the problem. I have spent way too much time trying to get everything activated and I still am not completely successful. My wife's phone still is not "activated". It will dial out and text message but it won't receive calls. Oh well, I'm still pretty happy with my droid so far. :D

Time dealing with Verizon so far getting phones activated.

Verizon Store (non-company) 30 minutes - prices were much higher than Verizon
Verizon Store (company) 40 minutes - no service from employees
Best Buy - 5 1/2 hours trying to get new phones and service activated
Verizon phone call - 1 1/2 hours getting my droid activated
Best Buy - 1 1/2 hours getting data transfered from iphone to droid
Verizon phone call -2 hours trying to get wife's Samsung u370 activated (still not complete)
Best Buy - again this evening to try to get wife's phone activated

Only good news is that the Best Buy manager took good care of me on the sale. Got my Bionic for $150, four free chargers, free "activation", discount on upcoming bill, other three phones on my account free (were $29 - $49 each).

Needless to say, so far I am not overly happy with Verizon. Best Buy has been very helpful and I was actually feeling bad for them while trying to get my phones activated.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck and initial impressions of VZW. I'll tell you after having worked for several of the major carriers in the past, one place VZW usually beats the others is service. There are a lot of little things that annoy us, like the NE2 (new every 2yrs policy), locked bootloaders, charging for tethering, etc., but cell service and customer service are usually top notch. Hopefully things get better for you. Enjoy that new beast of a phone you have.

Thanks, hopefully it works out for me in the long run. However, for a quick update my wife took her phone to Best Buy (like the Verizon customer service guy told us to do) to have her phone activated. She was there for three hours and now her phone does not work at all. They swapped out her phone for a new one and that didn't help anything. To say she is a little aggravated would be a huge understatement.

Chaser

Reaction score
My Dad was the first person to get a droid bionic in THE WORLD!! dancedroid:) :) :blackdroid:

WOOT!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

smily1401

Reaction score
Was not happy with serv at verizon store. Brought it from samslub for $30 less great service.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mdotytx

Reaction score
I have had my Bionic for two weeks :) I upgraded from a Droidx2 and I have to say the Bionic is sooo much better!

cookieluvr

Reaction score
Anyone go from a Droid X to Bionic? Thinking about getting Bionic, love the Droid but this thing seems pretty sweet.

I had an X that I loved and wasn't sure if the Bionic was going to be that much better, but I have had it for a week now and it's awesome!! Well worth the trade! dancedroid

C BUZZ

Reaction score
JUST GOT MY BIONIC TODAY.... BEFORE EVEN PLAYING WITH IT I FIRST ROOTED IT.... ENABLED WIFI HOT SPOT.... BOOTSTRAP RECOVERY.... CLOCKWORK RECOVERY.... ALL BECAUSE OF THIS FORUM.... THANK YOU DROID FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

MikeyDroid

Reaction score
Just got my Bionic on Wednesday. Partly because I "thought" I had bricked my original Droid when updating from CyanogenMod 7.1 RC to 7.1 . Figured out today that I was wrong. Good learning experience though. I guess now I will hand that over to the wife. A nice oops on my part!!!!

A big thank you to all who post and are teaching/sharing their knowledge and expertise.

Mike " the stupid me" guy.

BionicKate

Reaction score
I got my Bionic today!! I'm switching from an iPhone 3GS with AT&T to the Bionic with Verizon and I am SO EXCITED! And confused...LOL

DroidJ

Reaction score
I'm debating on whether I should root or not. I got my Bionic 2 days ago, and its a gooood phone. I love it. I came from a rooted Droid 1. Are ROMS for D1 different from Bionic ROMs? I mean, in D1 ROMs, they would overclock, I really don't get how they could overclock the Bionic.. so fast. Opinions?

CassBionic

Reaction score
Hey Guys!! I'm proud to say that I got the Droid Bionic yesterday!! I have a question about it..i'll post it in another thread..

FastKatt

Reaction score
You had a right to post the link to that topic here...
You never know who might link over & answer it
I'd edit the other post, posting it as a solo-post would be off topic.

Welcome!
CongaRatz on buying the Chuck Norris of phones!