★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

gtofan350

Reaction score
I've had no problems with my Bionic, as a matter of fact, I'm typing this while tethering in a LTE zone and MY GOD ITS FAST!!! I'm keeping my bionic.

djsiva

Reaction score
I want everyone's input on this. I just got my Bionic 2 days ago but now that we have a date for the Nexus Prime, do you think I should return my bionic and wait for the Prime?
I'm going to be making the switch to the Vigor or Prime when it comes out, but that's just me. I do love the Bionic, but there are a couple small things that annoyed me when I first got it. Unlike most though, I have the luxury of swapping phones almost anytime I want at no real cost to me. Even though I plan on hopping out of it, I've already recommended the Bionic to several of my friends because it is an amazing device.

Kryptyk

Reaction score
So I just bought mine today from Cosco with the package deal, mind you I waited at the Verizon store for over an hour without any service when first going to get the phone, and I love it. I was fumbling around with the idea of waiting for maybe the vigor or the prime but I still would prefer to have a Moto phone. They are just better to me. Anyways, rooted it within the first 10 minutes of having it and by the end of the day at the end of the first initial charge, I was running the new Unl3ash3d rom. I love this phone with the new rom. Quick, responsive and I have had not one problem with it. I am kind of a light to medium user with the phone with emails and everything else, so my battery life, for the past day is around 13 hours. I don't sit and play on it so that may help out a lot. I know though I can make it an entire day, meaning from when I wake up till I go to bed before I have to charge again. Anyways, yay me. Love the phone.

woops, better change my sig too....

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
So I just bought mine today from Cosco with the package deal, mind you I waited at the Verizon store for over an hour without any service when first going to get the phone, and I love it. I was fumbling around with the idea of waiting for maybe the vigor or the prime but I still would prefer to have a Moto phone. They are just better to me. Anyways, rooted it within the first 10 minutes of having it and by the end of the day at the end of the first initial charge, I was running the new Unl3ash3d rom. I love this phone with the new rom. Quick, responsive and I have had not one problem with it. I am kind of a light to medium user with the phone with emails and everything else, so my battery life, for the past day is around 13 hours. I don't sit and play on it so that may help out a lot. I know though I can make it an entire day, meaning from when I wake up till I go to bed before I have to charge again. Anyways, yay me. Love the phone.

woops, better change my sig too....

Congrats, glad ya like it :)

gtofan350

Reaction score
For some reason I was running off the Asheville server in SC but I live in FL. I should try that jacksonville server next time. I did a Fort Myers server but I was getting a 138ms ping and horrible speeds.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
For some reason I was running off the Asheville server in SC but I live in FL. I should try that jacksonville server next time. I did a Fort Myers server but I was getting a 138ms ping and horrible speeds.

Yea and I'm in Philly, I just used Asheville for comparison. Like I said before, a lot of factors, weather, terrain (Mountains) etc.. go into determining it.

lowcel

Reaction score
Hello, new to Droids, Verizon, and the Bionic. I picked my Bionic up at Best Buy on Sunday. I first went to the Verizon store for about 40 minutes with no luck getting waited on. Unfortunately that was just the start of the problem. I have spent way too much time trying to get everything activated and I still am not completely successful. My wife's phone still is not "activated". It will dial out and text message but it won't receive calls. Oh well, I'm still pretty happy with my droid so far. :D

Time dealing with Verizon so far getting phones activated.

Verizon Store (non-company) 30 minutes - prices were much higher than Verizon
Verizon Store (company) 40 minutes - no service from employees
Best Buy - 5 1/2 hours trying to get new phones and service activated
Verizon phone call - 1 1/2 hours getting my droid activated
Best Buy - 1 1/2 hours getting data transfered from iphone to droid
Verizon phone call -2 hours trying to get wife's Samsung u370 activated (still not complete)
Best Buy - again this evening to try to get wife's phone activated

Only good news is that the Best Buy manager took good care of me on the sale. Got my Bionic for $150, four free chargers, free "activation", discount on upcoming bill, other three phones on my account free (were $29 - $49 each).

Needless to say, so far I am not overly happy with Verizon. Best Buy has been very helpful and I was actually feeling bad for them while trying to get my phones activated.

Last edited:

djsiva

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad luck and initial impressions of VZW. I'll tell you after having worked for several of the major carriers in the past, one place VZW usually beats the others is service. There are a lot of little things that annoy us, like the NE2 (new every 2yrs policy), locked bootloaders, charging for tethering, etc., but cell service and customer service are usually top notch. Hopefully things get better for you. Enjoy that new beast of a phone you have.