The Official Google Voice Invite Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I requested an invite from Google a little over a week ago. My boyfriend is going deploying for a year in less than one month, anyone know how long it is taking now to get invites? I am hoping this will be an economical solution to staying in touch with him while he is gone, regular rates without GV are over $2 a minute to call!

Thanks!

xMx Reaper xMx

Reaction score
I know this has to get very repetitive, but i'd love an invite as well. Personally, i don't feel i deserve one over DroidGurl, so if someone is considering giving one away. I'd choose her. From her post anyways.

But, if anyone would like to, i'd love a google voice, and possibly a google wave invite sent to [email protected] it would be much appreciated!

techguru

Reaction score
A few other points:

1. It might be easier to have someone who is willing to send an invite to post, and those that need one send a PM requesting one. This keeps people from posting email addresses on a public forum.

Actually, that will get anyone with an invite's PM box filled very fast I think. Better to continue posting requests without email. Those with invites, PM the requester with an offer, requester PM back with their email, and finally, requester edit or remove request once they receive an invite.

This prevents anyone who has a couople of invites from getting mobbed with requests, keeps people from needing to post their email publicly, and keeps people who do post their email from getting multiple invites when they only need one.

A good sob story or an offer of something to trade is more likely to get a response than a "can I have one too?" request. For instance, I just sent an offer to Droidgurl because she had a good story, and I am about to offer one to xMx reaper xMx because he amused me.....

Alan

Terra

Reaction score
Will any godfathers out there please grant me the favor of a google voice invite on this, the day of your daughter's wedding? And I hope their first child be a masculine child.

<christian dot terrazas1 at gmail dot com>

Dragoro

Reaction score
A few other points:

1. It might be easier to have someone who is willing to send an invite to post, and those that need one send a PM requesting one. This keeps people from posting email addresses on a public forum.

Actually, that will get anyone with an invite's PM box filled very fast I think. Better to continue posting requests without email. Those with invites, PM the requester with an offer, requester PM back with their email, and finally, requester edit or remove request once they receive an invite.

This prevents anyone who has a couople of invites from getting mobbed with requests, keeps people from needing to post their email publicly, and keeps people who do post their email from getting multiple invites when they only need one.

A good sob story or an offer of something to trade is more likely to get a response than a "can I have one too?" request. For instance, I just sent an offer to Droidgurl because she had a good story, and I am about to offer one to xMx reaper xMx because he amused me.....

Alan

Mad props to you, techguru for giving one to droidgurl.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I got a PM this morning from Techguru...wanted to publicly say "THANKS"! I actually bought the Droid after owning a Palm for four years because I was looking for ways to stay in touch with my boyfriend while he is in Afghanistan for a year. Everything we looked at - calling cards, local cell phones, etc., was CRAZY expensive! The guy at the store showed me the Droid had Skype so I got it...to find out that it isn't really the Skype I was thinking (like having it on my laptop). I'm not really up on technical stuff but someone else suggested Google Voice which I don't fully understand but it seems like an ideal solution, with calls to that country being .30 a minute instead and allowing SMS, etc. Now we should be able to stay in touch when he calls from a different time zone and I'm not at my computer and not go broke in the process! :)

I am really overwhelmed by Alan's generosity - in my post I was just asking when I might expect Google to send my invite if I registered a week ago, I didn't expect the PM that I got. THANK YOU again. :)

p0rk burn

Reaction score
Droidgurl, if you use one of your Voice invites on me I'll use all of mine for the rest of the people on this thread looking for one. That offer stands for anyone that sends me one, actually.

Its the circle of life!

gl0bal.p0rk at gmail dot com (those are zeros)

derekbelrose

Reaction score
1 Left

I have one invite left, so the first person to send me a message will get it. Please include your email in the message.

------------------------------------------
It is gone now, sorry folks!

Last edited:

rebma85

Reaction score
Hi All...I'd love a googlevoice invite as well. I've already applied for one but have not recieved it as of yet.

When I do get it, I will pass it on to someone else.

TIA!

[email protected]

jlnguyen

Reaction score
If anyone can spare an invite, please do :] [email protected]

i'd be more than happy to send a google wave invite and share the wealth of gvoice invites if i got one.

NyczVegeta85

Reaction score
Hello guys after being on the down low on this site since the droid had been released, I have recieved so much help and information for my droid that I had to join today! But the only thing is I have not been able to get an invite and I have been waiting basically since the day that this phone launched! Would anybody be kind enough to shoot me an invite? I don't want to be begging but I heard this is 1 of the must have apps... My e-mail is [email protected] Thanks everyone in advance! :)

Cyanidetransistor

Reaction score
If anyone has an extra invite to throw out, I could certainly put it to good use.

*just got an invite from a buddy. As soon as I have some, I will throw some in here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.