The official Droid Turbo battery life thread.

mcraeh

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice.... I turned it in with mixed emotions for sure. I let it go almost the whole 14 days, but something was just keeping the darn thing awake and I'm not sure it wasn't the bad signal. I compared the awake time graph to the moto x and the x's signal bar has more green on it (although not a lot). I do live in an area where the signal is not great, maybe that was it, plus I noticed that I would be at 60-70 percent of the battery when I would leave work and then it would sink like a rock once I got home. I was going to try the FDR next when I found out we had to return it. Oh well, that's the breaks! I'm just glad I got out of it with only the restocking fee.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Too bad you had an unfavorable experience with it.

mcraeh

Reaction score
Thanks... I will say I thought the camera was pretty darn good compared to the moto x I have (2013 model).

TatDroid

Reaction score
After a fairly light day of use Saturday I decided not to charge it overnight. When I plugged in Sunday night I had 38 hours of up time with just over 4 hours of screen-on time, and 10% battery left.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks everyone for the advice.... I turned it in with mixed emotions for sure. I let it go almost the whole 14 days, but something was just keeping the darn thing awake and I'm not sure it wasn't the bad signal. I compared the awake time graph to the moto x and the x's signal bar has more green on it (although not a lot). I do live in an area where the signal is not great, maybe that was it, plus I noticed that I would be at 60-70 percent of the battery when I would leave work and then it would sink like a rock once I got home. I was going to try the FDR next when I found out we had to return it. Oh well, that's the breaks! I'm just glad I got out of it with only the restocking fee.
As mentioned before, I would get on the phone with Verizon tech support at 800 922 0204 and explain the problems you had with the phone. Then tell them you want them to waive the restocking fee. They will, I repeat will waive that fee for you if you make it clear to them that you had a defective phone and you had to return it as a result of the defective operation. Don't stand for anything less than a waiver of that fee. You should not have to pay that cost. Take it from somebody who knows and has been a Verizon customer and former Bell Atlantic Mobile agent for 21 years.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm thinking that's pretty good battery life

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418724719431.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418724719431.png
    325.2 KB · Views: 172

btc1951

Reaction score
I love my DT but I must be doing something wrong. I get up early (around 5-5:30) and use it solidly for an hour our two - email, browsing, facebook, etc. Then I'm on it pretty consistently throughout the day (I'm retired so I spend a lot of time with it), but not much actual call time. Then most days by 6-7pm, I'm below 20%, which is certainly much better than my S4 which would have die by noon our 2. But I don't understand all the "diagnostic" talk on this thread. Does having the 64g phone use more battery? I keep wifi on (b/c I only have a 1g data plan with vzn) and bt on because it's paired with my car, location on (b/c I'm in the car a lot and use waze or gps). Not sure what else to tell you. Any thoughts?

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Having a 64GB phone should not use more battery. Wi-Fi will use battery, but likely less than using wireless data in my experience. If in an average or slightly less than average coverage area the cell radio can use more battery power. I think by having your bluetooth on and connected most of the day as well as the GPS is what's using the bulk of your battery besides screen on time. If you didn't use bluetooth or GPS then you would likely see similar results to others.

Last edited:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would toggle BT "Off" when not needed as well as Location to "Battery Saving" down from "High Accuracy" when not needed.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Doesn't moto connect give you instant connection to paired bt devices?? So you would be able to not have to be paired all the time?? I don't use it.. So idk..

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
Here's the stats I had yesterday. Awesome battery life compared to my old iPhone. BT off, GPS off (I don't use either) and brightness all the way down unless I'm outside in sunlight, then its at about 1/4 up. And some Tasker profiles that turn WiFi off when I'm not at home or on campus, and mobile data gets turned off when I sleep.
eb0ce0a0c0ac6ea965c7b38b2757c77f.jpg
55d03714963efc821df4edda95ad5d9e.jpg

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Has anyone noticed that the battery seems to drop quicker after 30%? And this is after supposedly calibrating the device.. I think I'm going to do a couple of drain(15%) to full cycles.. See what that does my battery life is good.. But it makes me wonder...

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Has anyone noticed that the battery seems to drop quicker after 30%? And this is after supposedly calibrating the device.. I think I'm going to do a couple of drain(15%) to full cycles.. See what that does my battery life is good.. But it makes me wonder...

That is fairly normal though isn't it? I've read that to accurately calibrate your battery you should run it down until it powers off once every few months. Just getting it down into the low percentages doesn't entirely recallibrate. I don't recall the source for sure, but thought it was battery university or some other reputable source.