The Official DF Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriot95

Reaction score
General Question: I'm pretty new here. When the Nexus does come out and I want to be in the Nexus loop... will I be here... or should I go to the Nexus forums that I've seen posted around here. The Nexus sister site or something. Is that where most of the Nexus community will be?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, you got a chuckle from this guy. We need a lighter being waved in the air and a quick Amen. Aint it the truth. But for me this thread is only 31 pages. I find it a pain having to click the next page every minute.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
General Question: I'm pretty new here. When the Nexus does come out and I want to be in the Nexus loop... will I be here... or should I go to the Nexus forums that I've seen posted around here. The Nexus sister site or something. Is that where most of the Nexus community will be?

Trust me... There is nothing happening over there except a bunch of guys discussing their motorcycles. And a couple if forum games... >.<

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Galaxy Nexus Forum - Samsung Galaxy Nexus Community

I'm not sure which will get more popularity. I will probably end up splitting my time between the two, partly because I mod more than just the G-Nex area here, but I also think there might be more developer exposure over here as well, I'm not 100% on that, though.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty safe bet that the nexus users will be on the nexus sight but you know the people who have the android hobby like me and have a higher then average post count on this site will stay here. This forum has the people. The other one is more focused on one single device. This forum covers a broad area of devices. it used to be just d1 centered but that seems to be phasing out as people upgrade. this site is now more a talk about any of the verizon android devices forum. That IMO. I will post in the nexus forums but not to the extent as this site.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

This is going to be extremely difficult to determine until we actually get the device. More than likely there will be a decent following here and at XDA, Rootzwiki and also the G-Nex sister site. Overall, I think either XDA or Rootzwiki is going to be the place to go.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty safe bet that the nexus users will be on the nexus sight but you know the people who have the android hobby like me and have a higher then average post count on this site will stay here. This forum has the people. The other one is more focused on one single device. This forum covers a broad area of devices. it used to be just d1 centered but that seems to be phasing out as people upgrade. this site is now more a talk about any of the verizon android devices forum. That IMO. I will post in the nexus forums but not to the extent as this site.

Just wish I could link my post count and likes over to the other site... haha

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they transferred i bet i would be on their a lot more but i definitely dont like looking like a noob with the low post count. I think ive earned my stripes here on the android topic. Starting over on the new sight just doesn't sound fun to me especially how its centered on the nexus. i think if i were to raise my post count somewhere it would be at xda.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
ahhhh, i just saw your subtle hint. Mehh... lol :biggrin: your mod title gives you a brown nose status with the noobs. :D dont make me create an account just to like myself more then you.

MrKleen

Reaction score
This thread has become much larger than the 2.1 upgrade thread craziness.

Plus times have changed here on Droidforums. Back then we were getting warned on almost every page by the moderators about staying on topic. I like this place much better now because it seemed pretty communist back then. They didn't want you to have any fun at all... :)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Plus times have changed here on Droidforums. Back then we were getting warned on almost every page by the moderators about staying on topic. I like this place much better now because it seemed pretty communist back then. They didn't want you to have any fun at all... :)

Actually, we just got tired of reading and having to type the same thing over and over. :D

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I would definitely take a few thousand free posts at xda... :D I need to head over there for windows 8 and Android! :) I don't think I've posted anything over there yet...

And guys, don't forget Android.net. I'm a total noob over there though! :p
I'm doing pretty well on gnex forums with about a hundred I think. xD

patriot95

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think I'll stay here. I'm more of an Android person in general. I want one place where I can post about my Archos devices, Transformer tablet, N1 and GNexus. I think this place will have me mostly covered.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

Happy to hear you're enjoying DF! Last thing people need is "nazi like" mods like XDA does. :cool-b:

We definitely do have a more laid back and friendly atmosphere here.

Status
Not open for further replies.