The Official DF Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchakmak

Reaction score
There is no point in relaying what in store Verizon reps have told you guys. Their answers are all across the board. I was at two stores today. One guy said, "Bro this phone ain't coming out till Christmas." Another said, "I cannot give out any information sir." She said this in such a monotone voice it really annoyed me, ya know. It reminded me of when I try to get into a bar and the bouncer goes, "One out...one in". And then one goes out and he doesn't let me in. :mad:

But I digress...I pushed again and she still had the same response. I pushed AGAIN and she had the same response. Unbelievable. I go, "You do realize that this $300 is burning a hole in my pocket and I just want to give it to you guys, right!!" Her response, "Let me show this Razr, sir." I had to laugh...all :hail: Big Red!!!!!!

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no point in relaying what in store Verizon reps have told you guys. Their answers are all across the board. I was at two stores today. One guy said, "Bro this phone ain't coming out till Christmas." Another said, "I cannot give out any information sir." She said this in such a monotone voice it really annoyed me, ya know. It reminded me of when I try to get into a bar and the bouncer goes, "One out...one in". And then one goes out and he doesn't let me in. :mad:

But I digress...I pushed again and she still had the same response. I pushed AGAIN and she had the same response. Unbelievable. I go, "You do realize that this $300 is burning a hole in my pocket and I just want to give it to you guys, right!!" Her response, "Let me show this Razr, sir." I had to laugh...all :hail: Big Red!!!!!!

I honestly think that the responses boil down into three categories depending on what kind of VZW rep you speak with:

1) Gotta Get Dat Money: This is the rep that will tell you anything he can to make a sale TODAY. They will lie through their teeth to convince you waiting is a bad idea and you need to walk out with something in your hands or you will be missing out.
2) Follows the Company Line: Probably has heard rumors and seen things in the computer, but until they have been given official information, they know absolutely nothing about the phone. They'd rather say nothing than give out potentially false or premature information.
3)Good Guy Verizon Employee: This is the kind of guy you might find amoung our ranks here on the forums. They typically know about as much as we do and will gladly share with you what they know and what they have seen in the computer system as long as they haven't been explicitly told to keep their mouth shut about something. Keep in mind they won't do this with just anyone, it has to be done at the right time (when they aren't missing potential sales with other customers) and brought up in the right way. This is the kind of employee you want to scout out for and make friends with as DWB once advised in another thread.

And with these 3 types of people, you will get three entirely different answers to most of your questions about an unreleased phone.

And Now You Know.....

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Well P3 tweeted yesterday "Like I said, I hope you are not holding your breath. lots of hate when I said it was not making 11/17.. What you got to say now?"

You know what I got from this? He has finally slowed down and started concentrating on his typing :biggrin: Thats perty good english write their..

just4747

Reaction score
If this doesn't get announced today, I'll be pissed. Every minute that goes by...
It's already 12:39pm EST..

MrKleen

Reaction score
Ok, let's see if I can get these screencaps up...

It's strange how they didn't actually use a real pic of the Galaxy Nexus there. It wouldn't have been hard for them to use a real pic of the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.