The Official DF Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhi216

Reaction score
Except updates for galaxy nexus come from google not verizon.

With Verizon bloatware on it, it's technically not a Nexus, and while everyone else is getting updates on day one, the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon aka Droid Prime will be left behind.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

GoBears

Reaction score
Ha the others will get updates before we even get the damn phone.

bigkoch125

Reaction score
With Verizon bloatware on it, it's technically not a Nexus, and while everyone else is getting updates on day one, the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon aka Droid Prime will be left behind.

Not necessarily. Those two apps would not need updated for bug fixes they would only need updated with a new os version. I am sure Google will test them and will still go through them. That is what testers on twitter are saying anyway.

akhi216

Reaction score
neither. I will not buy a moto until they stop encrypting their bootloaders or get rid of blur.

Then you won't buy a moto on Verizon period. Moto is the equivalent of a yes-man to Verizon. They don't want to lock bootloaders anymore, but Verizon won't let them; Moto either encrypts the bootloaders on them, or Verizon rejects their phones. Now when Google finalizes the purchase of Moto, that might be a different story.

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
Ha the others will get updates before we even get the damn phone.

At this rate, that seems plausible.

For the lighter side of this check out an insider view of what goes on in VZW's boardroom...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?deskto...e.com/watch?v=umrKjcriAps&v=umrKjcriAps&gl=US

After you've became weak from laughing too hard, check out part 2...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?deskto...h?NR=1&v=HZMGiiQr46Q&NR=1&v=HZMGiiQr46Q&gl=US

GoBears

Reaction score
Then you won't buy a moto on Verizon period. Moto is the equivalent of a yes-man to Verizon. They don't want to lock bootloaders anymore, but Verizon won't let them; Moto either encrypts the bootloaders on them, or Verizon rejects their phones. Now when Google finalizes the purchase of Moto, that might be a different story.

That's because locked bootloaders protect idiots from themselves. The main reason Moto's are nearly unbrickable. Saves big red big money.

GoBears

Reaction score
Seems everyone is locking bootloaders lately. The rezound is neither perm rooted or s-off yet.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I mean this.

You either get the Nexus or the Bionic or RAZR. There are no other choices. No other phones exist.

What's your second choice - the Bionic or RAZR.

Or you can choose a dumbphone.

authority11

Reaction score
I mean this.

You either get the Nexus or the Bionic or RAZR. There are no other choices. No other phones exist.

Uhh, Rezound?

akhi216

Reaction score
That's because locked bootloaders protect idiots from themselves. The main reason Moto's are nearly unbrickable. Saves big red big money.

Well Verizon sure doesn't care about the idiots who buy Samsung, LG, and HTC phones...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I mean this.

The Rezound has to be included in that - it's an awesome device as well.

akhi216

Reaction score
I mean this.

Other phones do exist. They just haven't been finished and/or released yet. With all due disrespect, I'm not gonna let someone tell me when I can get a phone and tell me what phones to choose between. If I wanted to be controlled, I would've gotten an iPhone lol. FWIW, I can wait until next year for a phone with a quad-core processor or a second-generation LTE chip that doesn't suck the battery dry under heavy usage in 4 hours...or a phone that has both. Besides, you included a not-yet-released phone (Galaxy Nexus) and disregarded another not-yet-released phone (Rezound).

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable. I give you guys a simple question and I get choices that are out of the parameters or an argument that my imaginary parameters don't exist.

Which is better the Bionic or the RAZR?

akhi216

Reaction score
Unbelievable. I give you guys a simple question and I get choices that are out of the parameters or an argument that my imaginary parameters don't exist.

Which is better the Bionic or the RAZR?

Lol. Like I said, if I wanted to be dictated to I would've gotten an iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.