The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

tdpolo26

Reaction score
just called verizon they have nothing yet for the droid 4 she would say nexus is soon so i dont know what is going on... all the insider stuff is prolly just a spoof who knows

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The testers are just now getting confirmation of their participation in the program and their devices at the end of this week... (which might be delayed even more with the 4G issues, but that is just my guess)

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Well was hoping rumors were true , but alas , no such luck .
My OG Droid still works well , but sure could use a new device for myself and wife (Droid Eris) .

tuffD1

Reaction score
Oh well, Maybe I will settle for a D3. I can't wait any longer.

Sent from my Steel Droid¹

tuffD1

Reaction score
Question. If I grab me a D3, and the D4 comes out within 14 days or something like that, I can return and pay the difference for the D4 right?

r314bd

Reaction score
Question. If I grab me a D3, and the D4 comes out within 14 days or something like that, I can return and pay the difference for the D4 right?
plus a $35 restocking fee if you buy it from VZW. I'd get the D3 from Best Buy instead. They have a 30 day return policy instead of 14, and no restocking fee

debdroid1a

Reaction score

Actually Verizon is having a Holiday Return Policy. You have until January 9th to return a phone bought before Dec 28.

Although the BB, SGMD1, posted, sounds better. There's still a verizon restocking fee.

Last edited:

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
The Tablets have launched (announced the same day) , so where is the Droid 4 ?
Or the GNexP ?

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, so looks like the phone came in yesterday for our VZW Device Tester... I received this from them early this morning:

Sorry I haven't gotten any pictures yet. Too busy playing with it. Its surprising big and its got some weight to it as well. It's super smooth though, I've just started to get all my apps loaded on to it, so im going to let it die this morning, charge it all the way up and then test the battery abilities.

Pictures will be coming this afternoon/evening and I have already requested specific measurements when they get a chance. If you have any other requests/questions, post them in here and I will pass them along.

tuffD1

Reaction score
Info on the speaker would be cool. Is it as loud as the D1?

demarco5

Reaction score
about how long after he receives testers do they release the phone?
is the camera software bad like all the other droids?

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
about how long after he receives testers do they release the phone?
is the camera software bad like all the other droids?

I'll pass your second question along, but I can promise you they don't know the answer to the first... and my best is that no one knows as it has a lot to do with how the testing goes.