The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

tuffD1

Reaction score
QUOTE=Trusstopher; "If you are looking for somewhere to discuss release dates, specs (confirmed or not), and any other pre-release info about the Droid 4.... you have found the place!"

Most of us were sent here by a link from my month old post about the D-4. I was happy at first because it was starting to get some traction, then you come and lock it up, steal my thunder and make me sad.

BTW, any info about the speaker? I hope its as loud as my D1.

Sent from my Steel Droid¹

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of us were sent here by a link from my month old post about the D-4. I was happy at first because it was starting to get some traction, then you come and lock it up, steal my thunder and make me sad.

BTW, any info about the speaker? I hope its as loud as my D1.

I'm guessing you are talking about the thread over in the Rumor Section? We try to move the discussions over from the rumor section to the appropriate sub-forum once it has been created.

Sorry for making you sad... definitely not my intention! Hopefully everyone that was talking over in the thread will find their way over here and we can keep things rolling.

Haven't heard anything about the speaker yet, but I did hear from my source this morning and we are working out a way for them to get me a copy of a couple docs to verify their participation in the device testing (PM is an extremely inefficient way to communicate, haha). The last instructions that was received state that the testing will "officially" begin next week with daily contact/updates.

tuffD1

Reaction score
Its all good, just a little ribbing :) Thanx for all the previous info. I stand ready to utilize my upgrade for this device. But the speaker will have to be on par with my D1. Everything else about it sounds good though.

me4droid

Reaction score
Will Costco be getting this Droid 4? If so, do they release on same date as Verizon? If release is 12/22 this doesn't leave much time before Christmas if they don't get it the same date.

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Passing through FCC as we type .
Must be soon .

Nexus Friday, but the usual 15 days between releases might not apply given the January 9th blanket return exception.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After talking a bit over the past couple days with my source, it appears there was some governmental issues with getting the test devices out to the testers (possibly involving 4G LTE Sim cards), but as of today the tester has been "officially" notified as a participant in the program and that they should be receiving more details by the end of the week followed then by the device.

I don't know a lot about testing procedures or what kind of tiers they run their tests in, but I would assume that if there was any level of testing that is still yet to happen we won't be seeing this devices by the end of the week in stores.

tuffD1

Reaction score
I'm hoping for the 8th. One, its payday. Two, a new Verizon store opened up, only a stones throw from where I live. My hopes are 2/3 complete :)

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Engadget just reported a 12/08 release less than an hour ago. Somehow I don't see that happening.

EDIT: Droid Life just posted the same 12/08 leak as well. Maybe it is happening?

Part 1 is done: The Nexus is official.

A documentary leak just a couple of days ahead which proves accurate in part and only confirms a long-standing rumor...

Yeah, it's TOMMORROW !!

( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Part 1 is done: The Nexus is official.

A documentary leak just a couple of days ahead which proves accurate in part and only confirms a long-standing rumor...

Yeah, it's TOMMORROW !!

( By DX w/DF app. )

The nexus actually just got delayed again as reported by droid-life. They are not sure what the delay is but it might be the fact that it's too popular and they are not ready. Honestly I do not know just speculating. Droid-life was reporting an LTE problem but if this was the case the Droid 4 would also be delayed. Look for the Droid 4 to still be released tomorrow hopefully. They can't go from two phones in one week to no phones.

TC_Mits

Reaction score
The nexus actually just got delayed again as reported by droid-life. They are not sure what the delay is but it might be the fact that it's too popular and they are not ready. Honestly I do not know just speculating. Droid-life was reporting an LTE problem but if this was the case the Droid 4 would also be delayed. Look for the Droid 4 to still be released tomorrow hopefully. They can't go from two phones in one week to no phones.

I give up.

The lady in red exercises once again the prerogative ascribed to the (un)fair sex.

Lights low, ditto Miles Davis, table set, wine poured. ...
"Not tonight, dear" ...

And she's outta there!

( By DX w/HoFo app. )

MrPib

Reaction score
I also give up. It'll drop when it drops.

I recall waiting for the HTC Merge to be released -- for MONTHS. And some guy named Miami-something kept giving out what were supposed to be insider-supplied release dates, and when each date would pass, he'd never acknowledge that he was wrong. He'd just give out another "certain" date.

Reminded me of Lucy and the football!