The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I'm lost . Is this the Razor or GNex thread ?
I know the Droid 4 was put back on the shelf , but pushing the GNex or the Razor is just in bad taste . dancedroid

Oh , funny videos TC_Mits .

tdpolo26

Reaction score
what really stinks is i have a feeling they held this so they have something to announce at ces....my guess is quad core is going to be quarter 3 of this comming year and they just dont have a good enough prototype to show off. this droid 4 is filling the spot of what should have been a better phone so they are holding us up over them having something to show off...btw i dont think there is any way this will come with ics in feb i may eat my words on that one (and i hope do), but i really really doubt it. i am mostly assuiming gingerbread and the the ics probably in the late spring

tdpolo26

Reaction score
i love how no one at verizon knows anything about any phone that is upcoming.... i mean its like those i was pregnant and didnt know shows nobody knows till the thing fires out the day of release

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I'm lost . Is this the Razor or GNex thread ?
I know the Droid 4 was put back on the shelf , but pushing the GNex or the Razor is just in bad taste . dancedroid

Oh , funny videos TC_Mits .

I was merely telling everyone that I had decided to switch to the RAZR since I was a very active member of the Droid 4 forums.

tuffD1

Reaction score
Also on the BestBuy ad, there is a D1 behind an iphone. D4 and a D1, what's going on here? :)

Sent from my ProjElite D¹

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

Lmao oh yeah brother! I forgot we were comparing again? You know i love them all. But when I saw that I about lost my lungs laughing....good one! Lmao I'm so wishing I had some beats..lol the funniest thing is the only statements I ever see of this nature are from rezound owners..lol The rezound is a decent enough device. You don't have to keep trying to prove it to everyone by overstepping with seriously funny opinions! Still lmao!

Motorola Droid Razr™
Peace!

Last edited:

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I was merely telling everyone that I had decided to switch to the RAZR since I was a very active member of the Droid 4 forums.
Oh okay .
Glad you got the Razr .

But for now the rest are stuck waiting for the Droid 4 as you know .
Just a pipe dream but it would be nice if the Droid 4 came out with Quad Core , so the 4 would have dual meanings .

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh okay .
Glad you got the Razr .

Just a pipe dream but it would be nice if the Droid 4 came out with Quad Core , so the 4 would have dual meanings .

Not too much longer..we will see quad core soon. Probably too soon. We will be half way into contract. And the threads will jam pack with the flood of quad core devices..lol Can't even begin to imagine the possibilities of 2+ gig of RAM...lol etc...

Anyone try the app Onlive? Nice!!
Peace!

Droid X Doug

Reaction score
Oh okay .
Glad you got the Razr .

Not too much longer..we will see quad core soon. Probably too soon. We will be half way into contract. And the threads will jam pack with the flood of quad core devices..lol Can't even begin to imagine the possibilities of 2+ gig of RAM...lol etc...

Peace!
Droid 4x4? As in 4 cores and 4 Gb of RAM? :D

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Who knows? But my guess would be for the start due to battery and sizeable hardware I would lean more to the lower of the processing speed of each. IMO that is. I would love if they could go a whole ghz per core right off the bat. Lol and hell they probably will.. I would just think first they would start with the 600+ x 4 but like I said I'm probably low balling as to not get my hopes up. Lol
Edit: um...lol that's gig of Ram not ghz..lol my bad. Crazy night ...lol

Peace!

Droid X Doug

Reaction score
Who knows? But my guess would be for the start due to battery and sizeable hardware I would lean more to the lower of the processing speed of each. IMO that is. I would love if they could go a whole ghz per core right off the bat. Lol and hell they probably will.. I would just think first they would start with the 600+ x 4 but like I said I'm probably low balling as to not get my hopes up. Lol
Edit: um...lol that's gig of Ram not ghz..lol my bad. Crazy night ...lol

Peace!
Why wouldn't they start with 1 Ghz/core? The cores generally aren't running at full speed unless the speed is needed and when in idle mode, the other cores are probably running around 1 Hz.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they start with 1 Ghz/core? The cores generally aren't running at full speed unless the speed is needed and when in idle mode, the other cores are probably running around 1 Hz.
I'm trying to keep my expectations rather low. Lol but I would be willing to bet they will work out the power since I would imagine the extra two would take more to run heavy process but use less during high multitasking and gaming. And yeah I mixed up my topics with processor speed and RAM...lol was watching a movie and having a low thought ratio/ brain fart while typing...lol
Edit: good lord..lol after reading I really shouldn't post while watching movies and sleep deprived...lol my apologies for my lack of making sense at the moment. I'm sure you get the idea. I swear I know what I'm trying to say but I'm not getting it out at the moment without error...lol peace!!:)

Peace!

Last edited: