The official d2g sbf from TBH

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Objective... allow wireless theathering to my D2G.
I pay for an unlimited data plan... and seldom use 100Mb. Not a heavy user. Sometimes it would be much easier to read my mail on the laptop while away from home, instead of just the phone.

So, starting on the Market, I found the TBH app. paid for it, and downloaded it to my D2G.

You don't need the SBF to root and install the free wifi tether.
Find the z4root.apk download online and put it on sd card. use files to find it. Run z4root. once rooted download wireless tether for root users in market. install the wireless tether app. I recommend getting Droid2 Bootstrap as well to be able to do recoveries. SBF is only needed if you brick your phone in the process, which should not happen.
Since this is no longer an SBF issue sorry mods for reposting here.

decarmi1

Reaction score
RSD lite mostly not recognizing device/SBF flash fail

Hey, I am trying to unroot by flashing the 2.4.29 SBF posted in this thread. Using RSD lite 4.9 and very rarely does it even recognize my device. The three times it has I have tried to flash the SBF. It executes to 100%, says that it is processing and then comes us with a Flash Failed message each time. This is my first attempt at SBFing and it has been very frustrating and scary. Any help would be highly appreciated.

-decarmi

kickasz23

Reaction score
I just SBF and zero service on my phone no 3g and can not make a phone call can someone please help

never mind i was able to get the activation screen back up

leobg

Reaction score
Hey, I am trying to unroot by flashing the 2.4.29 SBF posted in this thread. Using RSD lite 4.9 and very rarely does it even recognize my device. The three times it has I have tried to flash the SBF. It executes to 100%, says that it is processing and then comes us with a Flash Failed message each time. This is my first attempt at SBFing and it has been very frustrating and scary. Any help would be highly appreciated.

-decarmi

Make sure you use the very latest Motorola USB drivers. If you are, try another USB port on the computer or different computer whatsoever.

yowas

Reaction score
SIM lock

Can anyone tell me if flashing an sbf over the d2g will relock the SIM or since the SIM is independent hardware this won't happen?

leobg

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if flashing an sbf over the d2g will relock the SIM or since the SIM is independent hardware this won't happen?

I believe it was already covered in this same thread, but no - SBF-ing will not relock the phone. Once unlocked, it remains unlocked permanently.

with one exception: If you used droidbandunlock services to make the phone unlocked to work in the US, if you SBF it, it will relock and you will need to contact droidbandunlock team again.

ai1982

Reaction score
Accidently I was stuck on 'M' logo while I was flashing a fission 2.4.3 rom. As I understand only sbf can help me with this issue.
I'm not in the USA if I flash SBF, will it relock my phone?

Droid2GlobalN00b

Reaction score
Why won't RSDLite recognize my D2G? I have version 4.9 and the most current Motorola drivers. When I turn my phone on while holding the up arrow to enter Bootloader mode, this is the screen that I get, is this what I should be looking at?

photo.jpg

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Why won't RSDLite recognize my D2G? I have version 4.9 and the most current Motorola drivers. When I turn my phone on while holding the up arrow to enter Bootloader mode, this is the screen that I get, is this what I should be looking at?

photo.jpg

yup .. thats the correct screen . but you should really do something about those finger prints ;)

Aversion

Reaction score
I SBF my Droid 2 Global and now I am stuck in a boot loop; What do I do?

Reaction score
I SBF my Droid 2 Global and now I am stuck in a boot loop; What do I do?

boot into recovery (x + power button, or X+ putting battery back in), when you see the android with the exclamation point, press the search button on your keyboard, then wipe cache (it can't hurt to wipe data, too) and then reboot. Your phone will be like factory new. You'll need to redownload the OTA update, if you want it.

biknut1

Reaction score
Rsd

When you connect, if RSD sees your phone at all, it will show up in Row 1 down on the bottom. You have to highlight that row to make the properties show up in the top right corner. You also have to select your SBF file to make it's properties show up in the upper left corner. When you see those, you should be good to go.

I may have my right and left corners mixed up, but that the gist of it.

eqforus5

Reaction score
You are correct you do have your corners mixed up but yes that is the gist of it.

Grindio

Reaction score
SBF and Recovery

ok first i'd got RSD, the SBF, and 4.9 drivers. I installed everything andI did not wanted to have a boot loop so i installed bootstrap and went into recovery wiped cache and data, pull battery off , when i tried placing my d2g in bootloader mode it doesnt let me start in rsd(ye is runnned it in admisnitrator, and did not place.sbf in a sub folder). I gave up so i decided to get rid of bootstrap( deleted hijack from System>bin and logwrapper.bin) then wiped data and cache again and when i rebooted it gets stuck in the droid eye abd the droid letters. My keboard for some reason is messed up since i bought it and the following keys do not working in any case(recover key test, txt messaging etc.) (Search [magnifying glass], up arrow, Z, g, h, u, and backs space. so when i press Magnifying glass when the "!" appears i cannot get in recovery, neither bootloader from recovery because the up arrow. thank god i am able to acces boot loader by the volume+power. So now please some one help me either with my PC so i lets me press start to flash SBF or tell me other method to reach the recover. Thnx to anyone that is willing to spare some time and knowledge on this poor needed soul