The Official Amateur Radio Apps Thread

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got to beta test the Echolink for Android about a week before it hit the market. I think it works great, however not sure how much I'll use it.

I've been a ham since 1983 but never really did anything with APRS. Can someone tell me what or how APRS can help my ham experience - especially on the Droid?

rlderemer

Reaction score
Passcode

Apparently you can get a passcode by going to this page - aprsdroid.org/passcode/ It is prefer that you do not get it from a server sysop as some other post indicate.

zencyl

Reaction score
Just wanted to jump in and say hey..KE5YOT here. Thanks for sharing the finds, i have been looking for an aprs app for my droid.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see a bunch of Hams with good taste in their cell phone platforms. Hope you all have tried the Echolink app for android.

harleyxd

Reaction score
echolink

guys and gals, echolink already exists for the droid, been using it on my incredible for months, also there is HAM SAT satellite tracking, call sign bd.....echolink works

walt1948

Reaction score
walt1948

I heard a guy on a local 2m repeater using echolink through his iphone. A Droid echolink app would be great.

kc0qnx

I have been using my Droid 2 on Echolink for several months now. I have been told my audio is excellent. And connecting is no problem. I Downloaded the Echolink Ap the same day I bought my phone. Works great!
walt, wa9neu, Cave In Rock, Illinois
nnn

cpyou

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my first post.
I am a "newbie" when it comes to cellphones, apps and androids.
I am looking for an echolink app for a samsung T456.
Some sites i have tried to access (with the cell phone) resulted with nothing more than error message.
I am wondering if i should try to download the app to the pc, then load it to phone.
Thank you
Lewis
ve3kko

walt1948

Reaction score
Echolink download/operating

Lewis, I downloaded the ap for echolink and got it running in a mater of a few minutes. I did not have to open any ports or change any firewall settings. I hope you will get it running soon. I will look for you on echolink.
My email is: [email protected]..... my call is of course WA9NEU. best wishes and 73!!!
walt
[email protected]
SE corner of Illinois on ohio river
nnn

cpyou

Reaction score
Hi walt,
I have since purchased a Samsung galaxy s.
I now enjoy taking echolink with me in the car (while parked) and i found out that the other phone that i was using isnt an android which is why i couldnt run echolink.
Also, the browser was outdated. Now i have no excuse for not using echolink,hi.
I have also secured a new call. It is VE3QJ.
Lewis
VE3KKO/ VE3QJ