**The Official 2011 NFL Season Thread**

lfylove

Reaction score
You know wats great about the lions vs saints game???? Niners coaches got to study all the awesomeness they call drew brees in the post season. Its gunna be tough but I think the niners are going to pull it out. Hopefully smith will play on a little higher lvl to score a few more points.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
You know wats great about the lions vs saints game???? Niners coaches got to study all the awesomeness they call drew brees in the post season. Its gunna be tough but I think the niners are going to pull it out. Hopefully smith will play on a little higher lvl to score a few more points.

I think with the Niners defense and Brees playing outdoors, this will be Niners win. Then don't rule out a Giants upset over GB. SF could be hosting NFC Championship game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hear what you are saying but you can't say they had no chance. Refs took away a TD on the Brees fumble. So it should have been 21-10 @ halftime. Then instead of down by 3 going into 4th.....Lions would have been up by 4. Brees threw a press right into Detroit hands at the goal line that was dropped. If he catches that, no TD for Saints.

There is no excuse for falling apart in the 4th but anyone who watches football knows that being down by 10 on the road against the Saints changes things. If those two plays were made.....Lions would be going to Landau. But they didn't get it done. My only point is they had a chance.

I'm gonna be honest, I was already saying Detroit had no chance once the playoff field was set. Alot of people say their blowouts were against questionable/mediocre teams, which they are right, but I actually watched those games and what is seen from actual gameplay is different from the scorecard. Yes on scorecard the game was close between these teams, and it was a great first half. However, once I saw how the 3rd started, I knew that the Saints were about to bust the game open, which they did. As for the Brees fumble, yes I agree it should have been, but we're not the ones calling the game. Unfortunately, the Lions never really recovered after that call and it seemed all composure was lost in the 4th. Lions got a bright future if Stafford stays healthy, we've all seen what he can do when he is.

I'm not trying to pick any fights, it's the world of sports right? Gotta have a little trash talking going on. You're a Lions fan, I respect that, I think it was great for the franchise to be in the playoffs again. Detroit put up a hell of a fight til the 4th. It was a great game to watch. Did they have a chance? Yes, but that can be said for any team, which is the great thing about the NFL, you really don't know what you're going to get the next game. Take this Broncos/Steelers game for instance, did anyone see the Broncos going up 20-6 at one point? Or to even be in the lead going into the 4th? I sure as hell didn't, but that's what happens.

And now it's going to be a tie game. Tebow has a chance to win. Will he get it done? Who knows.

Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest, I was already saying Detroit had no chance once the playoff field was set. Alot of people say their blowouts were against questionable/mediocre teams, which they are right, but I actually watched those games and what is seen from actual gameplay is different from the scorecard. Yes on scorecard the game was close between these teams, and it was a great first half. However, once I saw how the 3rd started, I knew that the Saints were about to bust the game open, which they did. As for the Brees fumble, yes I agree it should have been, but we're not the ones calling the game. Unfortunately, the Lions never really recovered after that call and it seemed all composure was lost in the 4th. Lions got a bright future if Stafford stays healthy, we've all seen what he can do when he is.

I'm not trying to pick any fights, it's the world of sports right? Gotta have a little trash talking going on. You're a Lions fan, I respect that, I think it was great for the franchise to be in the playoffs again. Detroit put up a hell of a fight til the 4th. It was a great game to watch. Did they have a chance? Yes, but that can be said for any team, which is the great thing about the NFL, you really don't know what you're going to get the next game. Take this Broncos/Steelers game for instance, did anyone see the Broncos going up 20-6 at one point? Or to even be in the lead going into the 4th? I sure as hell didn't, but that's what happens.

And now it's going to be a tie game. Tebow has a chance to win. Will he get it done? Who knows.

Completely agree.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think with the Niners defense and Brees playing outdoors, this will be Niners win. Then don't rule out a Giants upset over GB. SF could be hosting NFC Championship game.

GB-NYG is probably going to be the best game of the playoffs, imo. Their regular season game was a roller coaster, hopefully we get the same action for the playoffs. Then again Eli along with the rest of the team is an enigma, one game they dominate, next 3 games they can be absolutely terrible.

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess defenses are allowed to facemask Tebow whenever they want. I have seen 4 missed facemask calls on him, clear ones too.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ot ....................

Reaction score
So what about these new OT rules? I like them because each team gets a chance instead of sudden death but why not use the rule in the regular season? If the Cowboys and Giants game at the end of the season went into OT, that would have been just as important.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So what about these new OT rules? I like them because each team gets a chance instead of sudden death but why not use the rule in the regular season? If the Cowboys and Giants game at the end of the season went into OT, that would have been just as important.

Agreed.

Hopefully they do manage to implement these rules to regular season games

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Game over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lfylove

Reaction score
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! BRONCOS WINNN HAHAHAHAHAHA WTF

Reaction score

So much for that. LOL. Never would have expected a TD on first play.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Well jeez.....there goes my steeler season. Now i dont have to watch anymore games.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums