The New Project... HeXen ROM

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
I'd like to formally, and officially make an announcement about the project underway that we've sort-of been keeping a secret.

First off, the reasoning for the secrecy was to not get hopes up if things fell short of the standard we had set for ourselves.

Who is this "we", you ask? Myself (Fenuxx) and 13th Angel.

The two of us have been working on a project, combining our knowledge and our resources to bring you all one hell of a ROM. This new ROM, by the name of HeXen ROM, is a combination of those efforts. The best of Angel ROM, and the best of Fenom ROM.

The first, and only version of this ROM, which is based on the existing framework for the DROID 2 Global, 2.4.330, is going to be up today, (06-18-2011), or tomorrow (06-19-2011), at the latest.

I need to drive in the point that this is the only version of this ROM that we will be doing until we either get our hands on the official D2G Gingerbread update that's may/possibly/definitely/who-the-hell-knows-when be coming in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

The other idea we've been toying with is working on a build based on the CM4D2G source that seems to be coming along nicely, thanks to the extraordinary work of bikedude880 who built off cvpcs' godlike work on the DROID X.

Nonetheless, the version that will be posted in the next day or two is the one and only version that will be based on Android 2.2 (Froyo). Our efforts are re-focusing to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).

We hope you guys enjoy what we have in store for you all.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its been great working with Fenuxx. He had been helping me a little bit with my rom so we figured "Why not do one together" and this happened. It is (atleast in my opinion) about the best we can do within the current constraints on blur/locked-bootloader/outdated-android(2.2.0).

keolawills

Reaction score
Cant wait! Fenom was great, angelrom even better. Best of both? Amazing...

sent from a constantly evolving Angel

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Glad to hear this will be released.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jt1359

Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait to see it, and to see what you guys can do for CM4D2G!

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
I'm really excited for this. I've been jumping between these two roms (mostly staying on angelrom, but fenom was still flashed often). Combining them will be the best thing yet! I can't wait for bikedude to get a stable cm4d2g going, that will just be amazing.

supermatt9

Reaction score
super stoked for this! Can't wait to see what you guys have come up with!

clouse2013

Reaction score
This saved my week. I was pissed we weren't getting gingerbread but this is awesome too. Can't wait to see what u guys came up with.

Sent from my Crimsoned Angelic Droid 2 Global

rusty815

Reaction score
you guys never disappoint, cant wait to see what youve come up with, if you guys could help finalize and bring forth cm4d2g, it would be absolutely spectacular.

tater0388

Reaction score
Can't wait for this. Been running fenom since it was released with no problems!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

cuddabrown

Reaction score
Nice wallpaper wish i had a custom wallpaper

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums