OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just noticed this website for the first time:

Upcoming Verizon Phones, Verizon Phones Coming Soon & Verizon Android Phones

That is basically what I wanted this thread to be... It will be interesting to see how well they keep up with the leaks about phones. The biggest obstacle to keeping a list like this is the number of top tier devices that get leaked with no indication of what carriers they are headed.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never stopped lurking, just haven't been posting as much.

Looks like I may be able to come up for air soon and attending to my duties better (for a little while at least haha)

Life is your duty first ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kparks

Reaction score
Bumpety bump bump, bump.. Come on vzw I need to upgrade w8n for a htc device no1 wants the Inc 4G let's Gooooooooooo..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to add this to the top posts but it is just too far out there in conceptual land to add yet. Nice catch though.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I feel out of the loop! I didn't even realize that the GSIII was locked down... For some reason I thought Samsung was really good about not crippling their products and resisting the pressure the evil carries push to do so.

It will be extremely interesting to see where the industry is at in about a year when my contract is up and I'm looking for a new device again but won't be able to use my upgrade without losing my unlimited data plan.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, I feel out of the loop! I didn't even realize that the GSIII was locked down... For some reason I thought Samsung was really good about not crippling their products and resisting the pressure the evil carries push to do so.

It will be extremely interesting to see where the industry is at in about a year when my contract is up and I'm looking for a new device again but won't be able to use my upgrade without losing my unlimited data plan.

there's an app to unlock it... hopefully it keeps working

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reeftivo

Reaction score

I was under the impression that the providers are the ones locking the bootloaders. Samsung doesn't lock them!

I read that VZ will sell them locked to prevent any potential damage to their network. I know, "whatever!" LOL