The "New" New Phone Rumor Mill

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Truss, how are you liking your Nexus?

Loving it every day! About the only thing that is going to make me quick using it is if I win a Galaxy Journal for free. I'm still on Gummy 7.0 as 7.6 didn't really have anything that made we want to step up... I may get antsy later this week and flash anyway, but odds are that I'll wait until the next iteration comes out.

And yourself?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Loving it every day! About the only thing that is going to make me quick using it is if I win a Galaxy Journal for free. I'm still on Gummy 7.0 as 7.6 didn't really have anything that made we want to step up... I may get antsy later this week and flash anyway, but odds are that I'll wait until the next iteration comes out.

And yourself?

Love it, best phone I've ever owned. The camera is the only thing I really don't like about it. The more I use the camera the more I realize they completely screwed us on the hardware. Everything else about the phone has met or exceeded my expectations. Display is phenomenal, battery life is outstanding and overall performance is so drastically different from my OG Droid I can't believe I limped along with it so long.

However, with that being said, if the Journal is as good or better than the Note, my Nexus may find its way to eBay. Verizon's tampering with the Nexus has left a sour taste in my mouth. I've given up the hope that Verizon will ever support a pure Android device. The other option is the SIII, but WHEN is the big question. Q2? Q3? Tough to say.

kparks

Reaction score
If that HTC comes out with those specs.. pure awesomeness!

I just wish it had more ram... and it better be packing a huge battery and if its on vzw ill be getting it hands down but looks to be headed to tmo or att. Upgrade in April.. so I'm getting the next HTC flagship for vzw anyway.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

ANDR0lD

Reaction score
I just wish it had more ram... and it better be packing a huge battery and if its on vzw ill be getting it hands down but looks to be headed to tmo or att. Upgrade in April.. so I'm getting the next HTC flagship for vzw anyway.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

So far 1GB should be more than enough to run on a quad core, it is coming with an 1800mAh battery and like you said is expected to land on AT&T do to the HSPA+ frequency it has been shown to work on. Since HTC is taking a new approach I wouldnt be surprised to find out that this will land on all carriers eventually, hopefully VZW. HTC has a new naming system and has (from what I believe) undertook the mobile phone divide-and-conquer carrier method like the Nexus and IPhone. This phone will be officially announced the 26th at MWC and reportedly will appear without haptic feedback buttons and instead showcase the new ics-soft-button approach.

sent from my Zeus 'Bolt

DroidMomof9

Reaction score
I am really surprised that there are not a lot of news about new phones coming out....

So all that verizon has to offer which is the best? I would like to take advantage of this $100 off deal today.... :) I am leaning towards the Razr - I am not in a 4g area, so I don't think I need the maxx's battery.... the camera is high on my list - so not sure if I would be happy with the nexus???

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I am really surprised that there are not a lot of news about new phones coming out....

So all that verizon has to offer which is the best? I would like to take advantage of this $100 off deal today.... :) I am leaning towards the Razr - I am not in a 4g area, so I don't think I need the maxx's battery.... the camera is high on my list - so not sure if I would be happy with the nexus???

I had the X and sooo love the Nexus! As far as the camera, I dont think there is a huge diff in quality between the razr and the Nexus.

evoligion

Reaction score

U sound like u have the right idea.. The camera will be a little better in the Razr.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

awriternot

Reaction score
About to upgrade & thinking Maxx but are there any upcoming phones (or current) that has a better camera quality? Android has been notorious for mediocre camera quality.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums