The New HTC Phone On The Block... Pictures!

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Throughout the years it has become apparent that if you want to see a preview of a new device, sometimes the best place to look is on the streets. The picture above was actually underground in a subway station in Taiwan, and the device is the new HTC flagship Android device. The name? We don’t know just yet, but here are a few details. The device doesn’t have the usual 4.3 inch screen real-estate like most new HTC devices, so expect around 3.8-4 inches. The processor is also unknown at this point, but reports show that HTC will not get dual-core for some time. Let’s hope this will be the first with a dual-core chip from Qualcomm since HTC seems to use them more anyway. The Android version is probably going to be Gingerbread with a nice Sense overlay, but then again, we don’t know for sure.

So as far as specs go, we are blind until next month at MWC when this device hits the show-room floor. For now, you can enjoy this picture and maybe even make up your own specs. Don’t forget to share the specs you want to see come out of this new phone...

Source: (HTC's 2011 Android flagship spied in Taipei | Electronista)

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Throughout the years it has become apparent that if you want to see a preview of a new device the best places to look is on the streets. The picture above on the other hand was not on a street, but actually underground in a subway station in Taiwan, and the device you ask? It’s the new HTC flagship Android device. The name? We don’t know just yet, but here is a little specification run through. The device doesn’t have the usual 4.3 inch screen real-estate like most new HTC device, so expect around 3.8-4 inches. The processor is also unknown at this point, but reports show that HTC will not get dual-core for some time, but let’s hope this will be the first with such processor from Qualcomm --HTC seems to only use them anyhow. The version of Android is anticipated to be Gingerbread with a nice Sense overlay, but then again, we don’t fully know.

So as far as specs go, we are in the blind until next month at MWC when this device should make the show room floor. For now you can enjoy just this picture and maybe even make up your own specs. Don’t forget to share the specs you want to see come out of this new phone

The smaller screen size would be the deal breaker for me. More and more, I find myself using my Droid X as my main android phone (I have three - don't ask), and the most compelling reason is it's screen size. The larger screen on the DX just seems...NATURAL. My other two phones have their pluses, but the pure size of the DX trumps them.

My two cents worth...

-Mike

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Yea. According to that site, it says its running Gingerbread with some more tweaks to Sense. Looking at the status bar, it seems more Gingerbread-like.

All I know is I can't wait to see whats going on at MWC.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Throughout the years it has become apparent that if you want to see a preview of a new device the best places to look is on the streets. The picture above on the other hand was not on a street, but actually underground in a subway station in Taiwan, and the device you ask? It’s the new HTC flagship Android device. The name? We don’t know just yet, but here is a little specification run through. The device doesn’t have the usual 4.3 inch screen real-estate like most new HTC device, so expect around 3.8-4 inches. The processor is also unknown at this point, but reports show that HTC will not get dual-core for some time, but let’s hope this will be the first with such processor from Qualcomm --HTC seems to only use them anyhow. The version of Android is anticipated to be Gingerbread with a nice Sense overlay, but then again, we don’t fully know.

So as far as specs go, we are in the blind until next month at MWC when this device should make the show room floor. For now you can enjoy just this picture and maybe even make up your own specs. Don’t forget to share the specs you want to see come out of this new phone

The smaller screen size would be the deal breaker for me. More and more, I find myself using my Droid X as my main android phone (I have three - don't ask), and the most compelling reason is it's screen size. The larger screen on the DX just seems...NATURAL. My other two phones have their pluses, but the pure size of the DX trumps them.

My two cents worth...

-Mike

I agree. I was thinking to myself as I read the post why phones aren't all 4.3" screens at least. My DX fits in my hand perfectly and I don't have monster hands. When my DX died last week and I was waiting for the replacement, I used my wife's iPhone for a few calls. I was so annoyed at how small the screen was. The keyboard took up half the screen and everything was so small. I doubt I will ever go smaller than 4.3" again.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

My two cents worth...

-Mike

I agree. I was thinking to myself as I read the post why phones aren't all 4.3" screens at least. My DX fits in my hand perfectly and I don't have monster hands. When my DX died last week and I was waiting for the replacement, I used my wife's iPhone for a few calls. I was so annoyed at how small the screen was. The keyboard took up half the screen and everything was so small. I doubt I will ever go smaller than 4.3" again.

Some of us though feel 4" is the sweet spot and any bigger gets to be too big. They have these phones because not everyone wants a small tablet in their pocket :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

electric6

Reaction score
This will likely be the droid incredible 2, being announced along side the droid X's successor at the mwc.

AlexSB

Reaction score

My two cents worth...

-Mike

Some of us though feel 4" is the sweet spot and any bigger gets to be too big. They have these phones because not everyone wants a small tablet in their pocket :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say lol. I have a Droid 2, and one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to this years wave of new phones is because I want a larger screen (I don't use the keyboard anymore). But the DX screen is way too big for me so 4 inch screen would be perfect.

FlawlessVictory

Reaction score

Oddly enough, I was thinking why aren't there more phones that have a 3.7" screen. I own a Dinc and I absolutely love the size. I have played around with the DX and find it way too big. I could go to a 4" but never past that. To each their own but to want ALL phones to at least have a 4.3" inch screen is not fair to those who still prefer and are quite content with smaller sized screens.