The New Guy

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
Hello all!

Hey all,

As you may have guessed, I'm new here and am excited to learn more and more about my Droid X, about the Android platform, how to rom, theme, etc.

A little bit about my experience as a Droid X user. My last smart/dumb phone was the BlackBerry Storm. Had it for around 2 years, and boy did that suck badly.
Definitely wasn't a very good experience as a first-time Smartphone user, it froze constantly, wasn't that fast, no flash, was just a really bad experience, overall.

Then Aug. of 2010, I found the Droid X, or did it find me? (lol) Anyways, going from the BlackBerry Storm to the outrageously powerful and stellar Droid X, I couldn't be happier.
At every turn, my DX keeps getting better and better. It has been an incredible experience to say the least, and I imagine it'll only get better when I eventually install my first rom/theme.

Now...I was actually sent here by someone from droid-life.com, who had nothing but great things to say about droidforums.net, which is why I'm here now. :)

I've been wanting to install my first rom for awhile now, but haven't really come across anything I like, until I seen Liberty ROM. Definitely going to be my first.

Well...that's all I have for now...hunger calls, but I'll definitely be back to ask questions later.

Thanks, everyone!

Last edited:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: glad you found us! be sure to check out the Droid Discussions section for all things Droid related, and then head over to our separate section devoted entirely to the DX - tons of info, and plenty of people willing to help out. we have awesome hackers and rom developers in here - you won't believe the beast you can turn your phone into!

jump in, get involved, don't hesitate to ask questions, and enjoy the ride! :)

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome, huskerkate and Hawaiian Princess! :)

Hopefully today I'll set up my Droid X with its first rom, Liberty. This will be incredible, am really excited about it!