the new facebook app

rodneymc18

Reaction score
why oh why did i update it , , i was satifyied with the current one i was using , ,

with this new one i dont like it how u comment on a pic or post and it comes up with a blank window , , i like to look and read at either the pic or words before i post a comment just to get a better feel on what id like to write , ,

i dont know what u guys think but yeah , ,

i uninstalled it n ive been trying to download the version before this one , ,

thanks ,

rod

shamus

Reaction score
Lol poor Facebook.

Build an app - people complain.
Update app - people complain.

Completely rebuild app which loads images instantly - people complain.

diablo81588

Reaction score
The new one is 100 times better. No complaints here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The new one is 100 times better. No complaints here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

+1 This is BY FAR the best the actual Facebook app has EVER been on Android... Super smooth and instant pic loading... As for those complaining about the comments Don't tap on the photo tap right below it where it says 569 like 98435 comments..... Of course the numbers will be different but you get the idea.....

mghokie7

Reaction score
The new app is great! Everything works smooth now. Only complaint is that when the app is launched, it activates GPS, and the searching for GPS notification appears for no reason. This is wasting battery since GPS isn't needed while checking the news feed on facebook.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The new app is great! Everything works smooth now. Only complaint is that when the app is launched, it activates GPS, and the searching for GPS notification appears for no reason. This is wasting battery since GPS isn't needed while checking the news feed on facebook.

Mine has always done that.... Doesn't do it everytime... I think it has something to do with the refresh rate you have FB set at.

mghokie7

Reaction score
The GPS says searching for location almost every time I'm in the app and remains searching until I exit out.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Mine has always done that.... Doesn't do it everytime... I think it has something to do with the refresh rate you have FB set at.

It used to do that pretty consistently on mine, but after an update a few months ago, it stopped doing that completely. With this new update, it's back. And my settings for the refresh rate are exactly the same - never.

I'm pretty sure it tries to get your location upon opening the app to make checking in or posting updates with location information quicker. I wish there was a way to turn that off though. Most of the time, I'm just opening it up to check things. If I want to post something to do with my location, check for my location when I choose to do that.

But overall, this new app is much better than anything they've had on Android before.

Reaction score
I agree. The updated FB app is the best yet....Just wish it wasn't constantly searching your location!

mghokie7

Reaction score
After updating to 4.1 last night the Facebook app has not been searching for GPS yet.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I didn't have that problem before or after the update. The issue I'm having now is that the facebook app won't same my "likes" after exiting the app. Anyone else having this issue?

.:Sent from my S3:.