The new 4G/CDMA Radio Files

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok the thought og having bars in my house is tempting. You know though, even though i got nothing inside a structure, I have never had an issue making calls, sending texts, getting on the net, etc... installing anyway.. unlocked and I can go back of ihave to..lol LOVE THIS PHONE

bwillie

Reaction score
Way better!!!!!!! Two bars on 3g!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

streetmike

Reaction score
So I flashed the 4.0.3 radios last night and at first I thought it froze while uploading the files because the cube inside Andy wasn't spinning and the status bar didn't move. But it restarted after a few and I checked and had the newest radios installed. So I was averaging about 2mbps faster download and a little better signal at my house (in the same position). So when I woke up this morning I couldn't get any data connection. Restarted and toggled airplane. When I got to work I reflashed the 4.0.2 radios and I still couldn't get data. I had to use my nandroid I had made just before I flashed. What do you think happened? Maybe the files were corrupt? I downloaded them straight to the nexus and used rom manager to locate the file in the downloads folder. Should it have been in the main directory?

vicky1377

Reaction score
Guys, can you flash radio on a stock rom. I'm rooted and unlocked boot loader. Or do I have to flash custom rom first? And do I need to make nandroid backup just in case.

djsiva

Reaction score
Yes you can flash radios on stock with unlocked bootloader and root. It's what I'm running right now.

vicky1377

Reaction score
Yes you can flash radios on stock with unlocked bootloader and root. It's what I'm running right now.

Thanks for a quick response :). Which radio are you running running right now? How is your experience with it so far in terms of battery life, reception in particular? I'm stock rooted and unlocked and just simply can't wait to start flashing some roms.

ruvy01

Reaction score
Guys, can you flash radio on a stock rom. I'm rooted and unlocked boot loader. Or do I have to flash custom rom first? And do I need to make nandroid backup just in case.

yes you can, i don't think a nandroid backs up the radios but i could be wrong, wont hurt to make one though its good to get used to making nandroid backups. if you dont like it you can always flash back to 4.0.2 radios or even 4.0.1 i think. someone correct me if im wrong hehe

djsiva

Reaction score
Thanks for a quick response :). Which radio are you running running right now? How is your experience with it so far in terms of battery life, reception in particular? I'm stock rooted and unlocked and just simply can't wait to start flashing some roms.

I'm running the stock rom, unlocked bootloader, rooted, with the 4.03 radios. I haven't really noticed a difference with battery life, but my 3g/4g connectivity issues are better. They are not perfect yet, but better. I did just go out of town for 4 days and didn't have any issues at all, so I think my connectivity issues are just here in Jacksonville.