The new 4G/CDMA Radio Files

Reaction score
I just flashed the new radios and my signal has gotten much stronger. I can even get 4g in my house now, which I couldn't get before. I was just wondering if everyone had a positive impact or if some got worse. I remember with the OG Droid some radio updates were pretty iffy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ruvy01

Reaction score
also got better 4g coverage, got 4g before the update at work but it would go away after leaving the parking lot, now i have 4g until im entering my city which is a extended 4g area but i get no 4g here. btw what is this extended 4g junk, is it just a waste so verizon can say they have 4g in certain areas, i get no 4g whatsoever,

AspenSTi

Reaction score
I have had 0 change with the new radios. My signal strength is the exact same, (both dbs and bars for what its worth). Wifi and 3g/4g swap speed are the same (was fast before, so not much change). So i guess i am right where i was before, hoped for better results, but cant complain that it didnt get any worse.

duyna

Reaction score
I actually have better results with this update, no more grey signal bars and lost of service

axiom 2.2 powered apex oc kernel 1.4 G-Nex

captdroid

Reaction score
I actually have better results with this update, no more grey signal bars and lost of service

axiom 2.2 powered apex oc kernel 1.4 G-Nex

Yup this radio update definitely works better holding the signal.

???

Reaction score
Just updated my radio to it, in my break room at work where I got switching every few minutes, it was able to hold a bar or two of 4g for the last hour of the day. much better.

hope they keep improving

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thought at first no improvement but it got better after a couple days. I never had reception problems though...just flashed them anyway

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BCrawford

Reaction score
Never had any reception issues. I flashed the new ones a couple days ago and the switch between 3g and 4g is much smoother. I've definitely noticed extra bars as well. Still can't get 4g inside, but my house is built like a fortress.

thebird36

Reaction score
just flashed and i'm going to wait till tomorrow to see cause my school has only 3g and once i walk out it's 4g sooo i'm hoping these work

djsiva

Reaction score
Mine only improved a little, still having issues. I love this phone, but the signal strength I received on my Thunderbolt and Bionic was so much better. I really hope they work this issue out.