1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

The Monster Thread

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bobmundo123, Jan 24, 2010.

1. bobmundo123

bobmundo123 New Member

Hey ther all of you here at the Droid forums community. First and foremost I'd like to thank everyone who actively posts and helps all us noobs out and deal with our retardation. Now before I begin I would like to state my intentions. I am slowly learning about the world that is Droid.I plan to learn a lot about hacking and the rooting options about android and then create video tutorials as to how to accomplish these things. The videos will be in depth and noon proof. I have one in the works about how to root, and how to change the boot animation. Now I am going to list the following questions I have. Anyone with any idea about the answer or has any experience in that field feel free to place any input. Thanks guys!

OK....
    Now I have been able to change the visual aspect o the boot animation, but how do I change the audio. I'm pretty sure it is possible because I remember seeing a video on YouTube of someone who changes their boot animation to a spinning 3d android logo, with a green day song playing in the Background.

Another. I remember downloading a program from the marketplace called ringdroid. It allowed me to set mp3 s as alarm sounds. I recently redownloaded it and all it is is an audio editing software that allows you to splice it up for ringtone use. Did I download the wrong app? What did I do wrong this time around?

Do you need to be rooted to tether? If not can anyone either provide links to other threads as to how to complete this proccess or simply give a step by step description as to how to allow wireless.. or wired tethering via Droid. Again I do not know much a out tethering or its current capabalities with the Droid.

Is there currently any way to have animated wallpapers?

How to backup you Droid? If I decided to install 2.1... how would I create a backup image of the droid I have .. and how would I restore it later?

This new glass theme. How does one install this? Are there others similar to that? And where can they be found?

What is busybody? And how do you install it. Pros, Cons?

Is there an easy to use program out there that can be used to sync you Droid up to hour PC. Do the usually stuff. Like Calender, pictures, videos, music, documents, etc

I know you guys post links here to some of The most recent apostle, and update relates files and info. Is there another site that does the same and has all the files? Where do u guys get your info?

Again guys. Thanks oh so much for being as awesome as you have been. Thanks in advanced. I willtry to give everyone credit in he videos when I release them. Again guys thanks so Maurice for not only helping me but helping me trying to help other clueless souls out there as myself. LOL. And yea, I like all of you can't wait For 2.1.. and is wearing him of patients I was expecting his to be out by last week.. ahhhhhbh

I love my Droid. Typed this whole thing up on it. So yea I there arrested type OS sorry. = )
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

To tether use pdanet from the market, and you dont need root. and to backup/restore your ROMs you will HAVE TO GET SPRecovery .99.2b...you can acquire these things from rootyourdroid.info as well as root...you NEED SPRecovery before you mess with anything
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Not to sound like an a$$ but every question you asked has at LEAST 1 (if not 12) threads already dedicated to it. A few minutes with search and you will find all your answers (in far less time than anyone can answer your questions). If after a search you have a specific question (that would not be answered in the appropriate thread) we'll be very glad to help you out.
  4. vpshockwave

vpshockwave New Member

Your sig made me lol.
  5. bobmundo123

bobmundo123 New Member

Ditto.. and no.. it's ok no i understand. I mean i have done some searching, but honestly haven't been able to grasp the concept. Such as Backing up. I couldnt understand it very well.

Here is a question i bet hasn't been asked before. is there a way to be able to change the calender notification sound without changing the notification sound for instant messaging.
  6. vpshockwave

vpshockwave New Member

Calendar --> Settings
  7. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

If at first you don't succeed, long press or hit the menu button.
  8. bobmundo123

bobmundo123 New Member

Ohh.. wow.. that was strangely simple... Thanks!! ok.. we got that down!!