The Maylong M-150

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MatthewSM, Oct 28, 2010.

1. MatthewSM

MatthewSM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this product knowing that it was a terrible build. I was curious to know if there were any alternatives to making it faster. Maybe putting iOS on it or even some other custom OS. Give me some thoughts! Thanks very much!
    [​IMG]

2. Daali

Daali Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you contact the manufacturer to see if they will release source? Koush has a walkthru somewhere I've seen on how to port bootstrap to other devices.

3. MatthewSM

MatthewSM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can try to contact them for the source and all but I am very new to the Droid platform. The main reason why I went cheap lol. I also haven't actually received the product yet, but it will be in my hands in a few days.

4. MatthewSM

MatthewSM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so I finally received my Maylong m150. It's overall everything I expected. (****)
    There is one thing that I am confused about though. When I search any app in the market, I get 0 results. I searched Facebook, Skyfire, and all this other stuff but none of them are on there. I searched around and they all say that they work for 1.6. What can I do to get more apps?

5. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    There is an extensive thread, over on the XDA developers site. You may want to check it out for answers to your questions. In general, yes - it can be rooted and a newer rom installed. Yes, the new rom greatly improves speed and enjoyment. There appears to be no way (from a hardware standpoint) to install froyo based roms on this device, so Android 2.1 is probably as good as it will get.

I own one, and I gotta say that for $100.00, it's a pretty cool little machine...but it's NOT an IPad or a Galaxy, and it never will be. For the money though, I'm satisfied.

-Mike

6. MatthewSM

MatthewSM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I took it back so I could save money for something better next year when Tablets like the Galaxy Tab will be worth $100. They are new, they should be expensive. The prices should level out.

Search tags for this page

how to make my maylong tablet faster

how to root maylong m-250 tablet

maylong 150 tablet hacks

maylong hack

maylong m 150 hacks
maylong m 250 root
maylong m-250 forum

maylong m150 rooted rom

maylong m150 roots
maylong m250