The Market App Disappeared

allstarz3377

Reaction score
I did the HTC software update. It completed. Now when searching for my Market app, it is nowhere to be found. I have tried receiving a shared app from my boyfriend of Angry Birds and when I clicked on the link and it said Not Found Error 404. I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did the HTC software update. It completed. Now when searching for my Market app, it is nowhere to be found. I have tried receiving a shared app from my boyfriend of Angry Birds and when I clicked on the link and it said Not Found Error 404. I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Unless someone can give you an apk for the Market then I would suggest a Factory Data Reset. That will put your phone (still updated) back to the install with everything in it that came with it. You will lose data and any apps that are not paid apps. It may be the only thing you can do.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
A factory reset was the solution during the Incredible and Droid X Update Process as far as the missing Market was concerned

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

snowsux

Reaction score
I deleted my yahoo mail account due to it not recognizing my login and pw combo. Now my Market App is gone. There has got to be another way to get it back other than doing a factory reset. That is absolutely ridiculous!!! I have tons of free apps on my Thunderbolt...Please help with another solution.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have a Google Play app now?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk