The March of the Ipad Clones has begun

djrakun

Reaction score
Ipad clones have been emerging in China as early as March and, although I wouldn't call DX exactly mainstream, it is a pretty trustable website to purchase Chinese products from. This morning they listed an "Apad" on their site for just over $100

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39169

granted, the specs are pretty poor and this certainly is not an "ipad killer", but root it, 2.1 it, and potentially overclock it and you might be able to at least tell the apple fanboys that you got yours for a hundred bucks.

FWIW there is already a forum emerging about these Irobot Apads, which I pasted below, but i've come to trust droidforums.net as a resource has entitled me with ultimate power over my Droid and I couldn't be happier with this community.

I hope this is the right place to post this thread ( was considering 'accessories' but that isn't really system hardware). I was wondering if anyone has been brave enough to buy one of these devices and if so which one. How does it perform, etc?

http://slatedroid.blitzwerks.co.uk/

Mange

Reaction score
Ha Ha I go to DX for Flashlight stuff, I never thought to look for stuff like this.....=p

gsx62391

Reaction score
I have actually ordered one last week and it will be arriving soon. It is lacking alot in terms of hardware but is a good cheap starter for some mods. I am going to open it up to see if i can add more, memory, more storage and then try to overclock it on 2.1 I will update with pics and results.
Just for the forum members info, i dont have an android phone. I have a palm pre and help in developing patches and apps and am interested in getting a tablet up and running for cheap to test with android firmware and also trying to put WebOS onto a tablet. I will keep you all updated in the progress of both if you like.

Last edited: