"The Man" behind the name, Q&A and what ever you want to talk about

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Many people have asked "how many people are on your team" you know since it says thebowers. Well it's just me. So with that I thought I would share a little about myself so you guys and gals could get to know me a little better.

First off I am 28 from the Midwest. I have two little kids and a wife. So with them and a full time job, I usually only find time to do this when they are sleeping (shhhh). As for my job, well I work on my family's farm. I gave up the whole rat race 5 years ago to start my family in the quiet place where I grew up.

Anyways just sharing with you all. If you have any questions about theming, xml editing, or just want to drop a line. You can do it here.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Where were you previously during the "rat race" years?

Reason I ask is because I admire a man that walks away from everything to do what they want to do in life. I did the same and have never looked back.

So where were you previously?

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I worked for one of the largest if not the largest tele service companies. Well, you see those computer generated telemarketing calls you get? I was one of the people making sure that they stayed operational. As for the actually where. That was in a small city called Omaha, NE, lol.

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing - +1 what CK said, and I'm curious as well (edit - posted this right after the answer!)... but I'm already in the rat race and feel a little more "stuck" since I already have the two kids and wife. :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if XML editing is something you knew how to do before Android, and how you became so proficient in it ?

BTW, It is always nice to get to know other members a little better.

Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself ;)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm a big fan of "the 'Ha"! spent LOTS of time there during my college days - 18th Amendment, Paddy Murphy's, Barrio, Barrett's Barleycorn, Ranch Bowl, etc, etc.... :) i actually grew up in a small farm town - Greeley, NE. a lot of my high school buddies still run the family farms - i understand the attraction. :) my kids LOVE it when we go back and visit, and see all the farms!

I worked for one of the largest if not the largest tele service companies. Well, you see those computer generated telemarketing calls you get? I was one of the people making sure that they stayed operational. As for the actually where. That was in a small city called Omaha, NE, lol.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am wondering if XML editing is something you knew how to do before Android, and how you became so proficient in it ?

BTW, It is always nice to get to know other members a little better.

Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself ;)

I have no experience in XML or any other programming. I just look at the files and compare the info to what the screens look like on the phone. Mainly a lot of just play with it and see what it does. Just hope my power button, volume rocker and camera button stand up to the abuse, lol.

ebarcus

Reaction score
I have no experience in XML or any other programming. I just look at the files and compare the info to what the screens look like on the phone. Mainly a lot of just play with it and see what it does. Just hope my power button, volume rocker and camera button stand up to the abuse, lol.

HA! LOVE IT! :D Thats like when people ask me, "so what editor do you use to code in" "notepad" is my usual reply and people are dumbfounded. (if you've got the browser (or equipment in the droids case) why bother with emulators and the such, best to work from design to product and ensure every step of the way is beautiful and perfect as planned. :D

I still work for the telecom ;)

Any tips for those looking to get into themeing on the droid? (ive themed old ipods and blackberrys but have only just started to have time to piece this machine together)

Love your work, and the lifestyle keep being bold ;)

PS Were moving into an RV this month as part of our "life change" to get towards the farm life :D

AND a note to everyone else, see he didn't have a background in this stuff very much and just searched and searched (im sure many countless hours) until he found or created the answer he was looking for. A+ search. search. search!

Last edited: