The Linked Program Is No Longer Installed On Your Phone

AshIsRad

Reaction score
The Linked Program Is No Longer Installed On Your Phone...

This seems to be the message I get when trying to access my clock. The clock shows fine on the Home screen, I even used to be able to click it and it would take me to the options of having an Alarm, Stopwatch, Timer, etc, now I just seem to get the message above. I went to the Verizon website and tried looking up crap under my device, even went to Settings, Manage Applications, and then to the Clock to hit Force Stop, but it doesn't even allow me to hit that option because the key is not lit up to press.

Well, there is a Clock, and Clock Widget. Under Clock it will not allow me to do this, but under the Widget it did, but it does not allow to clear the cache..though everything seems to be on zero and empty on both, and when I do hit Force Stop on the Widget it seems to do something when I go back to my home screen as it loads, but it seems like the clock is still not working and now the app is not even under the Apps, I am guessing me having hit the Force Stop on the Widget side removed the shortcut...GRRR!

I just don't know why this wont work or how I can get this fixed without having to go talk to the douche-bags in the store. I need to use my alarm clock!

ABQNM

Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum! Sorry it is under these circumstances.

Unfortunately, that is a known issue with the software, and as far as I know the only way to get it back is a factory reset. That will delete everything from the phone, but not the SD card. Personally, I don't like the stock alarm clock. I use a free app called Alarm Klock from the market and it has never failed to go off and has increasing volume, slide to dismiss, etc. It is a good app. It is not the fanciest interface, but it does what it is supposed to every time. That is an option if you don't want to reset and don't care about the HTC clock.

granitepeaker

Reaction score
I started getting this following message a couple days ago
"The linked program is no longer installed on your phone"
Things have seemed to have be going downhill since, wifi not working today and I can't access the settings.
Nor can I get to the Remove App section to force stops.

So now I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to do a hard reset. Mind you I can't get to the phone settings to do it that way. So I'm trying to do it via, turn the phone off, hold down volume down and press on. Nothing seems to happen and it goes to a normal on. I've removed the battery to see if that helps and nothing.

Any Advise?!

ABQNM

Reaction score
I started getting this following message a couple days ago"The linked program is no longer installed on your phone"Things have seemed to have be going downhill since, wifi not working today and I can't access the settings. Nor can I get to the Remove App section to force stops. So now I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to do a hard reset. Mind you I can't get to the phone settings to do it that way. So I'm trying to do it via, turn the phone off, hold down volume down and press on. Nothing seems to happen and it goes to a normal on. I've removed the battery to see if that helps and nothing.Any Advise?!

When trying to boot to the bootloader, you are holding the volume down key, pressing and holding the volume down key and then hold both until the hboot screen appears? Alternatively, if you had adb enabled in settings prior to the problems and if you have adb set up on the computer, you can make sure the phone is booted and connect it to the computer and run from the command line where you have adb:

adb reboot recovery

That should also boot you to recovery.

granitepeaker

Reaction score
"you are holding the volume down key, pressing and holding the volume down key and then hold both until the hboot screen appears"
This doesn't work to hard reset my Dinc2

Also, don't know what adb reboot recovery is so I doubt I have that on my phone or active.

ABQNM

Reaction score
"you are holding the volume down key, pressing and holding the volume down key and then hold both until the hboot screen appears"
This doesn't work to hard reset my Dinc2

Also, don't know what adb reboot recovery is so I doubt I have that on my phone or active.

If you cannot get into hboot with the volume key from power off, then maybe your phone has more issues than a factory reset will solve. You may wish to contact Verizon.

granitepeaker

Reaction score
drr... I don't have a contract with Verizon so I doubt they'd want to help me. Bought the phone brand new without contract and use PagePlus and PP doesn't offer that kind of assistance.

ABQNM

Reaction score
drr... I don't have a contract with Verizon so I doubt they'd want to help me. Bought the phone brand new without contract and use PagePlus and PP doesn't offer that kind of assistance.

Sorry, didn't realize.

Are you absolutely sure that you are trying to get to recovery the correct way? I am not trying to discredit you in any way, but more often than not it is the simplest issue.

I took a quick video just to be sure that you are doing it correctly, as there are not a lot of other options to fix it then. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpi9lYyBLsM

I
f you still can't get to recovery, you might be able to run the RUU from your computer... Let me know if you need to and I will try to dig up a guide to help you.

granitepeaker

Reaction score
Yes, definitely tried it the same way as the video.
This was without the micro usb.
So I tried again and took a sim card out that was in there and this time and the volume down/power button got me to the menu.
So is the only option a factory reset? What does "Recovery" do and is there any chance that would fix my problems?

ABQNM

Reaction score
Yes, definitely tried it the same way as the video.
This was without the micro usb.
So I tried again and took a sim card out that was in there and this time and the volume down/power button got me to the menu.
So is the only option a factory reset? What does "Recovery" do and is there any chance that would fix my problems?

In your case, factory reset is it. Recovery is where you could load an update to the phone.

Recovery would be more useful if you were rooted and not stock. In stock form, it will just give you the option to install an update or factory reset, which can be done from the first screen.

You will lose everything on the phone, but not your SD card.