The Lifespan of Phones

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Trusstopher, Aug 4, 2011.

1. das2042

das2042 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yea anyone who has lag problems on their d1s You really need to get yourself some root love! May I suggest bugless beast, I've tried em all and that ones the best.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. GBH2

GBH2 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    +1

Running 2.3.5 GPA17 @ 1.25GHz SV.

It kind of sucks because it is so good that I keep thinking Maybe I don't really need a new phone! :)

3. Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My dx's red held up to the end not a strach on it.

4. pyroelite

pyroelite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You want some longevity, try the SGS2 (or when available) - with over 5 mil sold in 85 days & not even released in the US, I'm pretty sure devs will be playing with that for awhile...

SDCharge (Humble 1.42)

5. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Yeah I used a friends SGSII in London a few weeks ago and it looks and performs amazingly, I'm just a tad worried we haven't heard some solid info about it arriving here yet.

#41 Liderc, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  6. Chris42060

Chris42060 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My X is still in excellent shape. I got it on the release date and then got it wet and I have had a replacement one for 5 or 6 months. I got my final 1 year upgrade so I am just waiting for a phone with upgrading to. I am happy with the X though so i am going to wait and see what shows up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

7. wrententen

wrententen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    droid x

mine lasted 2 years and 1 month before display went out.

8. hAHAha_Halo

hAHAha_Halo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And thus, a thread that hasn't been posted on in 2 years, is reborn..

Motorola Droid 1 had touchscreen failure about a month and a half after upgrade date (almost 24 months), I hadn't upgraded because I was planning on getting some cool phone that hadn't been released yet.
    Droid Bionic crapped out on me about a month after upgrade was available (23 months), software deteriorated and might be able to fix in once I get a USB cable. I haven't upgraded because I'm planning on getting some cool phone that hasn't been released yet.

Seems like my plans of getting a new phone after the upgrade date are always foiled. I think my Env2, which I had before the D1, lasted about 20 months but even then it was extremely slow and buggy at the very end, probably only had a few weeks left before it would've died. So for me, right after the upgrade date is when my phone craps out. It really sucks because it's within a few weeks or a month of some cool awesome phone is released. I can't remember what happened going from the D1 to the Bionic, because I know the Bionic was the phone I wanted to get. I wanted to get the Moto X, and my phone crapped out 2 weeks before it would be available, and about 2-3 months or so (I'm guessing) before the customized versions are available as well.

I think it's Verizon just silently pushing some patch to my phone every time I keep it longer than my upgrade date so that I have to buy another phone. Certainly messed up your plans this time, didn't I?! I went back to my dad's old indestructaphone! HA!

9. Low Saturn

Low Saturn Member

Ratings:
    +0

Made the post above on 8-04-2011. Everything is still true. Other than the gold coating on the camera button, it still looks and operates like the day I got it. Still on the original battery as well. I also got the Bionic on launch day and now my son uses it as his phone while I now have the Note II.

Search tags for this page
android lifespan

average lifespan of an android phone

droid x lifespan

droid x2 lifespan
life span of a phone
lifespan of an android phone

lifespan of android phone

lifespan of droid bionic
lifespan of phone
phone lifespan