The LG G6 Looks Sharp! First Look.

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Jan 24, 2017.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,221
    [​IMG]

The Verge released a leaked image of the LG G6 yesterday, and I have to say this device looks stunning. The phone is made fully of metal and glass getting away from the plastic of previous builds. The phone features a 5.7" LCD display with a 2:1 aspect ratio and super thin bezels. The screen to bezel ratio will be more than 90% on the LG G6. As you can see in the image the phone features rounded edges with a slight chamfer. I can't wait to finally see this device on February 26th as it is announced at Mobile World Congress.

via The Verge

2. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +767
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL
    I'm not a fan of LG phones anymore. I've had too many issues with them. I had the G3, my wife and I both had the G4, my sister had a G3 and they were just kinda meh. I didn't like the software with them either.

However, those are good looking devices. I really like the curved corners of the screens. Definitely different than the usual square screens.

{edit} auto corrects

#2 johnomaz, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ayanav

ayanav Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Finally a smartphone that makes me want, I hope we will be entitled to a good surprise on 26/02! On the other hand the waterproofing makes me a little scared, I hope that they will have had the good idea to keep the battery removable, and not sacrifice the removable battery for the benefit of waterproofing. If it can make us a waterproof phone with a removable battery it would be really great.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.iphon9.fr/ galaxy note 10

#3 ayanav, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +500
    Yeah, but the lower bezel extends like 6 inches or so, allowing you to grip your phone like a mirror. They don't show it in the teaser pic, cause they want you salivating over the tiny bezel at the top.

#lifes2good

5. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +934
    Couple more years and today's reasonably sized mid-tier phones will have sufficiently good specs.

6. Domestic violence

Domestic violence Active Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Loved my G3. The knock-on feature was awesome at the time. (Double tap the screen to wake/unlock)

But I'll say this- I've been daily driving an iP6S+ for a while and really like it.