The Latest Render at the Galaxy Note 8 paints an ugly picture!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is perhaps the most anticipated phone still to come this year, but information on the handset is thin on the ground. So much so that we’re only now seeing renders of it, and if they’re accurate it doesn’t look good.

DZRuX5sDGkcbKiiHEmGcGU-650-80.jpg
vA596nitqZnqDtV8C3MmHU-650-80.jpg
ig4RzpPv566xDwJKAwZ8GU-650-80.jpg
vwmitKBuMDj8JP6rmLSkHU-650-80.jpg

bgr-note-8-cad.jpg

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is perhaps the most anticipated phone still to come this year, but information on the handset is thin on the ground. So much so that we’re only now seeing renders of it, and if they’re accurate it doesn’t look good.

DZRuX5sDGkcbKiiHEmGcGU-650-80.jpg
vA596nitqZnqDtV8C3MmHU-650-80.jpg
ig4RzpPv566xDwJKAwZ8GU-650-80.jpg
vwmitKBuMDj8JP6rmLSkHU-650-80.jpg

bgr-note-8-cad.jpg
Eh I'm looking it. It looks more business like in design which caters to the business customers they are catering to.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
are you sure that is a note 8????? corners look sharper than older notes and one rumor said they were going to move the fingerprint scan away from the camera if it stays on the back.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This doesn't look to much in line with current rumors

Sent using Tapatalk
I agree. Everyone is throwing their best guesses at what they believe may be the next Note but I guess we will not know for sure until release.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I agree. Everyone is throwing their best guesses at what they believe may be the next Note but I guess we will not know for sure until release.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My best guess is that most people who say that they won't get the Note 8, WILL get it anyway. This formula worked for Apple, and it will work for Samsung. This is why the price will keep going up and up.:rolleyes:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
My best guess is that most people who say that they won't get the Note 8, WILL get it anyway. This formula worked for Apple, and it will work for Samsung. This is why the price will keep going up and up.:rolleyes:

that happened with me with the note 5. wasn't going to get it because of the lack of removable battery and microsd card slot but in the end got it. I think the difference that could stop others from getting the note 8 is the price. who would think a few years ago phones would cost around 1k. that will be pushing a lot of users budgets.

Last edited:

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
that happened with me with the note 5. wasn't going to get it because of the lack of removable battery and microsd card slot but in the end got it. I think the difference to could stop others from getting the note 8 is the price. who would think a fews years ago phones would cost around 1k. that will be pushing a lot of users budgets.

I fell into the same trap, but never again. I loved my Note 4, so I traded up for the Note 5. Unfortuneately, buyers remorse came too late for me to return it. This time around, the price will absolutely keep me away.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
This doesn't look to much in line with current rumors

Sent using Tapatalk
This render was made from what Evan Blass has said. So this could be it. Although this is the first time I am hoping that Evan Blass is wrong!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Why don't you think the renders look good? I like 'em.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will make my final decision on Announcement day. For now I would say no.

You're getting it only to prove me wrong.

What would shock the entire forum is on opening day/week of the Note 8, after all the threads, articles and talk @Preach2k did about the Note 8, we find out he went into the store for an 8 and walked out with a different 8 (iPhone 8+).

Marques Brownlee on Twitter

^ if the case maker is correct then we have an actual image and I don't think it looks bad at all. This coming from someone who is not even looking Samsung's way this year.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
You're getting it only to prove me wrong.

Marques Brownlee on Twitter

^ if the case maker is correct then we have an actual image and I don't think it looks bad at all. This coming from someone who is not even looking Samsung's way this year.
Never go over to the Dark side! It is bad enough my youngest daughter wants one. I would rather stick with my Pixel XL another year and get the Note 9! I seen the MKBHD picture on Twitter!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Other than the fingerprint scanner being next to the flash (dirtying up the flash) I'm trying to get what is keeping you from going with it. If that shape resulted in them being able to put in a larger battery Im thinking great.

But yeah Im curious what about the look is turning you away?