The Latest Moto X Will Be Called The Moto X4?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
c_ruyydxgaej6tt-jpg.77481

It looks like the Moto X 2017 will be officially called the Moto X4. This bit of information comes from well known and trusted leakster Evan Blass. This past weekend he uploaded a photo of the new logo for the device on his twitter handle @evleaks. The rumored specs for the upcoming midranger includes a 5.5" display with 3D glass, Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chip, 4GB of RAM, 64GB Storage, 3800mah battery with Quick Charge, a metal build, and IP68 water and dust resistance. For now their is no official release date set for the device.

via @evleaks

Attachments

• C_ruyyDXgAEj6Tt.jpg
    C_ruyyDXgAEj6Tt.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,442

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And it's supposed to have Moto's new Smart Camera; whatever that's going to mean. I'm just happy to see a Moto X back in the projected lineup for this year. That phone was a ground breaker in 2013, in my opinion. Some of the new functionality at the time is still part of stock Android today. I will probably not be in the market for a new phone this year unless my Moto Z Force does; but a new Moto X will definitely be in the picture for my daughter later this year.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing here, but I think the Smart camera technology automatically takes a picture once it "thinks" you have positioned the camera.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm guessing here, but I think the Smart camera technology automatically takes a picture once it "thinks" you have positioned the camera.
That makes sense.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Any update new info on when motox4 ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
don't look like anything was said about it today at the ny event.
Bummer , I keep hoping they make a model with bug battery w no Moto mods and hopefully drop protection

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Bummer , I keep hoping they make a model with bug battery w no Moto mods and hopefully drop protection

Just because the new Moto X 4 wasn't announced on the 25th doesn't mean they aren't making it. Moto has already officially said they are bringing back a new Moto X for this year, so it's just a matter of when. I would imagine the new Moto X would be its own separate announcement & release event.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Those are nice specs! Let's hope it will have wireless charging and HD screen.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
turbo power sounds like something some cartoon character would say before powering up.

the reality is, I will still say quick charge no matter what the manufacturer call it.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
Moto X4 with snapdragon 660? The X range has always been the high-range. They already have mid-range lenovo with the G range.
Something escapes me ....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
acheter galaxy note 4 samsung galaxy s7

Last edited: