The Lapdock 100 for the OG Motorola Droid RAZR Drops to $50 Bucks; Sold Out Online

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I also have an otterbox defender case its a pain but i take mine out. I'm worried about putting stress on the connectors and breaking one.

TauntingBull

Reaction score
Which version is Razr maxx specific? And will these in theory work with the new line of razrs announced?

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I thought about shaving the plug a bit so it won't be a strain on either the connectors or the case. Perhaps a win win situation. Anyone want to weigh in on this?

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
There are cables you can buy that act as an extension so you can use your case without having to modify anything.

TauntingBull

Reaction score
Typing this message from my $49.99 lap dock boys! :)

Got the last one from the shelve.... VZ folks were saying your forum guys are abusing us :D

jaybogg

Reaction score
I saw one moto video or photo yesterday showing the phone plugged in and laying beside it. Guess that's always another option.

charlie31603

Reaction score
Thanks to the rain today I decided to stay inside and surf the droid forums and stumbled upon this thread. I really wanted the Lapdock 500, but for $49.97 for the Lapdock 100 I braved the rain and traveled across town and picked me one up. They didn't know it was on sale till he scanned it. They had two left. But just got the one. Should of grabbed the other one and flip it on craigslist and make my money back. lol. But I didn't want to be stuck with two if I didn't like it. But so far I really do like it. Can't wait till they drop the price on the 500.

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Is there a way to have it mirror the phones screen? Screen saver and all of the desk top icons, bookmarks and folders etc...

pftwanger

Reaction score
Not anymore. In the old version of webtop, there was a small part of the screen that could reproduce the phone. Also, there was a separate browser--Firefox.

With ICS, Moto has unified the approach. Annoyingly, you still have to recreate all of your bookmarks and widgets from scratch on the webtop, but I can tell you that ICS on the webtop is *very* much like the experience of ICS on my Toshiba Excite 10 tablet. So similar in fact that I think of the lapdock as putting the RAZR in "tablet mode."

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Thanks for the insight. It will take some time to get used this new toy. I would like to change the default background of the lapdock. I've seen it done with the 500 but I don't know if it is possible on the 100.

jaybogg

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, congrats on the new toys!! I see that we are all starting to come up with Lapdock and Webtop 3.0 questions and had an idea. A gentleman named "Fall" started a thread over in Razr Accessories titled " http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...19397-lapdock-500-webtop-3-0-tips-tricks.html ". I thought that if we all moved our any off topic (non sales news) discussion over there, it would be a more appropriate place, and since the 500 and 100 are similar and both run Webtop 3.0, we could combine our learnings and experiences, and expedite the learning curve of this new toy. I have already been looking into RDP Apps and have some success to report within my local wireless network. Hope to see you there. Thanks again to dgstorm for the tip on the sale!!

Last edited:

mekanism

Reaction score
Here in san diego they are $99.94. Where do you get them for $50?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Corporate Verizon stores and some corporate kiosks. If you get to a store they should be able to look up who may have one still in stock. They did it for me, got it at a kiosk at a BJ's.

mekanism

Reaction score
I grabbed the last one in my area and it was originally listed as $99 but after the rep put my phone number in it came up as $49. Sweet! This thing is well worth the $50 but not even close to being worth it for the $200 some people payed a while back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2