the joys of the MAXX battery

Andielyn

Reaction score
I just attended a conference where my colleagues and I were using their smartphones pretty heavily throughout, tweeting, using the mobile app conference schedule, texting each other, etc. and by 5:30 everyone else's batteries were dying and they were running to their rooms for a quick charge but mine still had plenty of juice to get through the rest of the night and beyond. Gotta love that! dancedroid:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yesterday I was "working", and by working I mean I had my laptop with me with my friends having drinks. I was tethering for about three hours straight plus my other normal usage that day, even had Skype going all day again because of work. I unplugged at 6am and when I went to bed at 11pm I still had 50% left, this phone is amazing!

Caesars

Reaction score
I hate you all lol :( I got the new update and now my phone randomly resets, I'll have to hard reset and go through my apps again :-(.

mfinn

Reaction score
My maxx seems to have very good battery life. Recently I had to do a 24hr. shift at work and when I put the phone back on the charger 27hrs. after I plugged it in, it still had 50% left in the battery.

I was lucky to get 10hrs. from my old dx.

Caesars

Reaction score
I've done a lot to attempt to improve my battery ;(. Im hoping with hard reset it gets better. It's not terrible as is, especially for an android phone. I just can't help but remember my gs1 epic with a Seidio 3kmah battery and it lasted me 1.5 days of heavy heavy use. If hard reset doesn't work I'll try more smart actions, and finally I'll qq to verizon.

jeff70

Reaction score
with the kind of battery life and performance I get with the Maxx I could not imagine getting another phone with a 1500-1800Mah battery and have to go back to the days of dragging chargers and extra batteries with me and constantly worrying about my battery lasting throughout the day

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
with the kind of battery life and performance I get with the Maxx I could not imagine getting another phone with a 1500-1800Mah battery and have to go back to the days of dragging chargers and extra batteries with me and constantly worrying about my battery lasting throughout the day

Totally agree...
My poor charger gets lonely .. I am afraid it may start having depression symptoms ..
The days of it hoping in the car and tagging along are over...
the days of waking up with us while refreshing the phone over night and heading off to work, over...
Poor fellow has no one to associate with, thinking of getting it a gnex play buddy....(OUCH!)

----posted maxx'ed out----

Last edited:

cece5702

Reaction score
I too am enjoying the battery life on my Maxx! I have a charger at work and in my car and I never use it now and thats a good thing. I cant think of the last time I had to charge my phone in the car on my way home from work or here at work just to make it through the day. I took my phone off the charger yesterday morning at 6:00 am and last night when I went to bed at 11 pm, I still had 70% battery left. During the day I make a few phone calls, text, Twitter, emails and watch news clips from CNN, FOX and MSNBC. I just love it!!!!!:)

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I had to laugh in another topic, there was a individual trying to downplay the Maxx battery and telling people it isn't much better than an 1800 mAh. But of course he didn't have a Maxx. Pretty sure that's called Envy....... :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

RazrMaxxOwner

Reaction score
Yes, the battery is unbelievable. I have pretty poor 4g at work and at home, which causes it to work hard but I still get home between 60 and 70% and can use as much as I want at night without concern about battery. Only the nighttime dock gets to charge this one.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
couple of weeks ago I went on a family vacation to the mountains. There was only 1x over there. My wife has the iphone and I have the maxx. We took our phones off the charger at 9am that day. Took pictures, videos made a few calls, text messages. Then around 5pm her phone died and my maxx was still had 80%. So she borrowed my phone to take more pictures and videos. The next day at 12pm my phone was as 40%. She's like why is your phone still going and mine has been dead since yesterday. I told her cuz i have a maxx it keeps going and going like the bunny battery dancedroid

cece5702

Reaction score
couple of weeks ago I went on a family vacation to the mountains. There was only 1x over there. My wife has the iphone and I have the maxx. We took our phones off the charger at 9am that day. Took pictures, videos made a few calls, text messages. Then around 5pm her phone died and my maxx was still had 80%. So she borrowed my phone to take more pictures and videos. The next day at 12pm my phone was as 40%. She's like why is your phone still going and mine has been dead since yesterday. I told her cuz i have a maxx it keeps going and going like the bunny battery dancedroid

I luv it!!! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

RazrMaxxOwner

Reaction score
I like the bunny analogy, very appropriate! At the park with my daughter browsing and streaming Pandora without fear. Old phone would need a charge after a couple of hours of this...

krystra

Reaction score
i love the battery too. i set up my smart actions and the battery does go on and on and on. i unplugged it at 1:45 this morning, been using it thruout the day and now its 9:53pm and its at 70%-thats 20+ hrs off the charger. i tell you my 3800mah extended battery for the droid x couldnt even do that!