• iPhone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This war is stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Leach19m

Droid X Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got linked this topic via twitter haha. I used to have a Droid X but upgraded to the iPhone 4S. Android is great, I love all the easy customization it allows; but an iPhone just works. Plain and simple, it just works.

Android had it quirks, as does the iPhone, but I've never had my iPhone reboot when I tried to answer a call or a text like my X did from time to time. Plus, iPhone apps are, without question, superior to android apps. As to why that is, I dunno, but they have more polish and tend to just function better, and look better.

All that said, ICS seems like a HUGE leap forward for android and I was very tempted to get the nexus instead of the 4S, but I didn't want to tie myself down for 2 years to experience the same issues as I had with my X.

As far as customization goes, once you jailbreak the iPhone, it's very customizable too. I'll attach a screenshot of my current setup to showcase what I mean.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333836129.014734.jpg

That is a weather widget, and it does have animated rain and clouds on my screen

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got linked this topic via twitter haha. I used to have a Droid X but upgraded to the iPhone 4S. Android is great, I love all the easy customization it allows; but an iPhone just works. Plain and simple, it just works.

Android had it quirks, as does the iPhone, but I've never had my iPhone reboot when I tried to answer a call or a text like my X did from time to time. Plus, iPhone apps are, without question, superior to android apps. As to why that is, I dunno, but they have more polish and tend to just function better, and look better.

All that said, ICS seems like a HUGE leap forward for android and I was very tempted to get the nexus instead of the 4S, but I didn't want to tie myself down for 2 years to experience the same issues as I had with my X.

As far as customization goes, once you jailbreak the iPhone, it's very customizable too. I'll attach a screenshot of my current setup to showcase what I mean.

View attachment 48978

That is a weather widget, and it does have animated rain and clouds on my screen
Haha nice. :)

And awesome set up! This is the reason I tell my friends to jailbreak their iPhone's as well. But most are "too scared" it'll break and whatnot or the fact that it voids your warranty. My iPod Touch is also jailbroken to look similar to this as well. iNav is easily one of my favorites, and a classic theme. However it takes a long time to set up haha. You have to make blank icons and stuff like that to do so.

@ToeJamm - That is so true!

Leach19m

Droid X Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Jailbreaking isn't scary, it's the same concept as rooting. If you need to send it back, un-jailbreak and restore the phone, they'll never know. And it adds so much function (like replying to texts via popup, answering a call without exiting the app you're using, telling siri to reboot your phone, customizability , etc). But, just like rooting, I suppose it aint for everyone.

Thanks for the compliment, btw. Appreciate it! The theme is "Pages"

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me, I want the most out of my device. That's how I found out about rooting and jailbreaking because when I got the devices I googled how to customize stuff more and whatnot. I suppose with my friends, they don't really care about that stuff.. But oh well I suppose, they don't know what they're missing out. You definitely don't need to do so.. it's just more fun in my opinion.

riguy156

Reaction score
honestly for me its android all the way for a long time but recently i bought an itouch 4g 4 days ago and walking out to the car crossing my lawn droped my itouch and the screen shattered it was a 2 ft drop onto grass. Knowing i have the warranty on my razor i dropped my droid in the same place same hight not a scratch or ding at all IMHO apple makes a always works no bugs software phone Thats contently working. However poor build quality. Android has bugs and issues at times but are so tough in my expreince when it comes to damage. Apple/iPhone is like a cheeseburger Like a REALLY good cheese burger like damn this is good comes with everything you expect, but android is like a cheeseburger with the extras you can get anything on that make it your own double ketchup done double mayo no problem extra pickles no pickles no problem thats my take dancedroid:iphone:

alboboy10

Reaction score
Android devices are tough. Even the flimsiest androids are pretty tough.

I don't understand how iPhones are so easy to break. They're gorilla glass and also have a titanium piece around them. I guess its just designed to be pretty. I've dropped all of my androids. I dropped my previous nexus from literally over six feet straight into terazzo floor in a school (terazzo is extremely strong) and nothing happened to it.

riguy156

Reaction score
Android devices are tough. Even the flimsiest androids are pretty tough.

I don't understand how iPhones are so easy to break. They're gorilla glass and also have a titanium piece around them. I guess its just designed to be pretty. I've dropped all of my androids. I dropped my previous nexus from literally over six feet straight into terazzo floor in a school (terazzo is extremely strong) and nothing happened to it.

exactly im droped my older droids more times than i can count at soccer im dived on it forggeting it was there nothing ever happned iphone you drop it once your ****ed

Reaction score
I prefer Android. I don't like apple here are my reasons.

1. Apple always has issues with every device

2. Iphone is a closed source

3. Android is a better build then ios.

4. Everyone has an i phone and i like differt.

Illl admit Android has issues but not every device has had issues like apple. Plus iPhone has no 4g capabilities. Also Android is more advanced

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bfederspill

Reaction score
I bought an Iphone 3g while I still had a droid 1. After 40 days with the iphone I sold it to my sister and went back to the droid 1. I just didn't have fun with the iphone like I did with the droid 1. You had to plug the iphone into your computer and use itunes to do a lot of things like erasing a photo and reinstalling apps. Also did not like all the folders you had to use because I don't like icons cluttering up my screen. Android all the way, just my opinion.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

T

TheAlpha

I like them both... :biggrin: (and wp7!!)

And to add to what Ben said, if this gets even remotely disrespectful or remotely out of hand, it'll be closed. So check yourself before you wreck yourself... :tongue:

Yes, yes it shall.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I prefer Android. I don't like apple here are my reasons.

1. Apple always has issues with every device

2. Iphone is a closed source

3. Android is a better build then ios.

4. Everyone has an i phone and i like differt.

Illl admit Android has issues but not every device has had issues like apple. Plus iPhone has no 4g capabilities. Also Android is more advanced

I'm not sure about number one.. Usually most people can agree that that is not the case and that they're more reliable when it comes to that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Every os has issues with every device. There has never been a perfect phone released with no glitches or well knows issues. Software is very difficult to perfect.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every os has issues with every device. There has never been a perfect phone released with no glitches or well knows issues. Software is very difficult to perfect.

exactly, as long as there is human touch in making products, which there is in every product ever made, there will be some error along the way. Obviously the end goal is to have the minimum amount of glitches.