The incredible is in stock

vireya

Reaction score
Yup

Went into the Verizon store in Falmouth MA

They have them in stock with 2.2

BUT

the catch is that for a contract renewal the price is $300, but you can have 100 mailin rebate

Since I had a great deal of trouble with mailins with Verizon, I chose to decline

Went instead to BestBuy where the phone is 199 off the floor (if they had any, which they dont)

BUT the Best part is that they do honor the Verizon veterans discount (25% off equip and 15% off service)

SO

I reserved one there

NOW

I gotta hurry up and wait

OP
V

vireya

Reaction score
They said ythey have them in stock and they said they are with 2.2.

He was surprised I knew so much to ask re OS

mcsinfl

Reaction score
I think he's mistaken, 2.2 not released for incredible

Big Cam

Reaction score
Just because one store has them, does not mean every store has them.

I live in a not so populous area and my VZW store had them long after everyone claimed them to be sold out, simply because they didn't sell that many.

It's a matter of stock, maybe your store got some in, it doesn't mean they all did.

Samurai26

Reaction score
I agree with your decision, although the offer is tempting. Why bother spend another $100 on an update that will eventually (I know eventually is not ideal...) come to your phone anyway?

Good call

Big Cam

Reaction score
I agree with your decision, although the offer is tempting. Why bother spend another $100 on an update that will eventually (I know eventually is not ideal...) come to your phone anyway?

Good call
The incredible does not have 2.2 I guarantee you.

Samurai26

Reaction score
You're probably right, but theoretically if it DID have 2.2, why bother paying extra for a free update?

mcsinfl

Reaction score
i think you read the op wrong. either way it's $200, best buy or verizon. the difference is best buy gives you the rebate up front, verizon makes you mail in for it, at least that's the way I read it

Samurai26

Reaction score
i think you read the op wrong. either way it's $200, best buy or verizon. the difference is best buy gives you the rebate up front, verizon makes you mail in for it, at least that's the way I read it

Ohhhhh, thank you! I was reading the OP wrong lol!

Ok, now if is hesitant about the mail-in rebate, I don't see the problem going with the Best Buy way. He will get the update eventually.

OP
V

vireya

Reaction score
As I said

Bestbuy will give the veterans discount
local store would not

my net price out the door will be 150 at Bestbuy
not as good as Costco, which is 99 and includes case

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

Depends on your VZW store (manager). They have the ability/option, and often will, give the mail-in rebate(s) as 'instant' rebates but it is up the the manager. They did for me when I got my Droid back in Nov (in addition to matching a BestBuy online price on a second phone). Never hurts to ask (and make it seem like a 'sticking point.'

OP
V

vireya

Reaction score
My guess that BB would get them quicker is correct.

Just talked with store who said it should be here by Friday. Thas a 5 day wait. I am next in line with my preorder

Verizon online said that the wait would be til after 6/15 last I checked this past weekend

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
Yes, BB seems to order a bunch of phones, while VZW gets them by the order. Just my take on it.