The I love my Droid thread

gdoane

Reaction score
A phone that listens to you.

How cool is that?

So far, the voice recognition has been dead on and with voice recognition plus the Google search engine, cripes, Star Trek didn't even dream of this.

My old phone (Moto Q) had voice recog but it was crap to give it a compliment. This phone has voice recog solid as a rock. I haven't seen the Droid make a mistake yet.

It's not just a phone you can talk into, it's a phone you can talk to.

shademar

Reaction score
Yes!! I registered just to say this. Particularly love the Android community, custamizability, awesome hardware, gorgeous screen, network reliability, and Google everything integration. This is the ultimate geek phone, imo.

TheBobarazzi

Reaction score
My girlfriend hates it because I am on it 24/7. I love it. (the girl and the phone)

I came from an HTC Touch which I threw at the wall as soon as I found out I could upgrade to the DROID

mcm180

Reaction score
wow .. glad to hear about the SmartPhone converts/rookies! I was a hardcore BlackberryHead/CrackberryAddict ..for years!!! and love my DROID because...

it reboots so quickly

has gorgeous mesmerizing screen/display

records amazing video with direct upload to youtube

has three home screens (at least)

has more than 10,000 apps with sweet app store

google sync (everything maps, search, picasa, navigation)

makes people with Blackberries and iPhones say WOW!!!!!

so many more reasons ... but i don't wanna ramble .. not yet anyways

MaYNOR Caleb M. (mcm180) on Twitter btw
emoji-E056.png
emoji-E056.png

superglen99

Reaction score
this is my first smartphone and I am in a family of iphone 3gs owners and all I can say it OH SNAPS Droid WINS! in Fact today I had to get somewhere I have never been kinda far away. I fired up the google maps, then turned on trapster to alert me of any police then turned on Pandora for the long ride. I had all 3 apps running at the same time time and arrived at my destination with no problems with any of the programs, can your iphone do that? oh no it cant!! LOVE my DROID!!!

sir2545

Reaction score
It seriously IS the PERFECT combination of Iphone, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile IMO. I cant stop playing with it and I learn something new about it everyday. This device is just what Motorola needed because being the previous owner of a Q befor switching to a curve, Motorola was doomed if they didnt do something. They struck gold with this phone!!!! I cant say enough about it..:icon_ banana:

Slighter

Reaction score
I sat quietly waiting, with every version of the Q series, for Verizon to step up to the plate and then BAM! a Droid Grand Slam!

windstrings

Reaction score
I don't understand all the politics behind it.... but the rumour was that Verizon was going to make a deal with Apple. The Omnia 2 was supposed to come out and things kept getting pushed back farther and farther... almost like Apple saw the deal as not in their best interest and Verizon grew tired of waiting with false promises.....

Anyway... if we would have went with Apple we would have gotten some history, but many more limitations and controls.

All in all, we got the best deal with open source and Verizon networking powered with Google's resources.

I'm much happier it went this way.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, this is my first and hopefully not last post here, and I have to say after obtaining my Droid on Sat that I love it!

I've not had a smartphone before, and it was down to the droid and the storm 2, in the end I felt that the android OS would be something that would be improved upon much faster and earlier than anything else, the RIM OS included.

In addition, and this is big one my book, I don't think that developers will have a noose around them in restrictions aka apple, and I also don't want to be tied to itunes to do stuff to my phone. Lastly, coming from a V9, and V3 before that, I have not had issues with moto hardware yet ...

I'm settling in on my 2nd day with it, and am getting used to typing on the virtual and physical KB's.

I was nervous reading some posts about people with issues, it seems to be hit or miss, and so far I'm glad I'm not experiencing any issues other than noob ones, downloading the actual user guide is a necessity as the quict start guide included in the box will not cover everything.

I'm still afraid I'll scratch the thing, although a techie in the store showed us something someone from moto showed them in training, he took a key to one of theirs ... didnt scratch, but I'm not going to try that on mine.:)

So I'll move forwards, happy that I think as people make nothing but improvements to the OS, and I learn the unit, that I'll only get happier. I'm sure the camera bug and flash updates will be welcomed when they arrive.

I am so going to love having this phone!

Smarcisin

Reaction score
i love this phone

i got it last Wednesday and i havent gone a day without killing the battery completely because of all the use i was putting on it. playing games, finding apps, all the custom stuff.

I JUST CANT PUT IT DOWN!

windstrings

Reaction score
Welcome RW1.... you have the same history as me.
I too was considering the Storm, but was disenchanted with the camera as compared to my Dare..... pretty whimpy Megapixel too.. I decided to wait.

I had my eyes set on the Omnia 2 and have been waiting for months and then the Droid came in under the radar.... I have far too many hobbies, a member of many forums and other interests to follow close enough to see it coming.

But when it came, it offered everything Ive been waiting for but in a much better format.
I wanted to be able to add comments, directions etc to my contacts and back them up to outlook.
But this is better as I'm not tied to the computer with outlook installed to retrieve my backups.

I can back up my extensive contacts list of which I've been building for years either to my SC card or my online google account or both.

Far more freedom of which types of apps I can utilize without restraints and boundaries.

By waiting a little bit longer, I passed over the Storm and even the Storm2 and even the Omnia 2 as good as the hardware is, would not have been tied with Google.

I feel like I just "happened" into this fortune of being in the right place at the right time by being patient and staying with Verizon and linking with a trusted agent as Google that i've used for years.
While other vendors email flakes in and out and is constantly buggy.. Google just works!

The Droid was a real find... its not perfect yet... but the pros far outweigh the bad and the pros of the competition.... yes its a home run... especially for 1st generation.

I'm excited at the possibilities of what Open source can bring with the power of Googles GPS mapping services and Verizons great network.

Its 10 times the coolest phone I've ever had.