1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

The I love my Droid thread

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Anomander, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Anomander

Anomander New Member

I have had my Droid now for about 3 weeks and I have to say I just love it. I have no regrets with this purchase at all. In the 3 weeks of owning it I have only had to do one battery pull since I tried to watch a short movie clip that was unsupported. Sure I have a few minor problems such as the camera issue (fixed as of now), and the battery cover slipping off (fixed by just adding an old receipt between the battery and the cover), but nothing to make it a deal breaker. There is a learning curve to the phone. I think I lucked out since I did not have a Smart phone before this one, so everything is new and no old habbits to unlearn.

Hopefully we start seeing less posts of I don't like, and more of I love. If you love your Droid lets hear it!:heart:
  2. vonfink13

vonfink13 New Member

lots of b*tchin and moanin lately in this forum...i like this idea..i love my droid too...no problems..got my work e-mail..g-mail..facebook...battery is workin great...calendar is all synced up...got a few apps i really like loaded up..now i am just using it all the time...love that droid....
  3. coondogg97

coondogg97 New Member

I will jump on this bandwagon. Coming from an HTC Touch Pro I am extremely pleased with my Droid. I can't wait to see what the future holds for Android.
  4. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

Could not be happier, wife got hers first the day it came out and she is loving it. She had no issues at all, even her camera works great.
    I got mine today and no issues as well, everything works. Exchange as well as Gmail works perfect. :) I cant believe i can run two email accounts on this phone.
  5. rocketman45

rocketman45 New Member

Ditto to above. My wife and I love ours, our first smartphones. My first Droid was defective - frequent freezing up or rebooting. Verizon replaced it without question and it has been smooth sailing since. Really amazing how useful the Droid is and I'm sure we're still scratching the surface. My previous cell phone was just a phone, nothing else. I just didn't think I needed other functions. Am now wondering how I got along without all these features.
  6. M1dnite

M1dnite New Member

I came from Iphone 3gs

and I LOVE MY DROID!
  7. iiimegamaniii

iiimegamaniii New Member

+1 on da lov'in.

- Mega
  8. hanano17

hanano17 New Member

+2. The droid makes me truly believe that apple needs to be worried now. I love the droid so far.
  9. thelion

thelion New Member

Although I had an issue and my original Droid had to take a trip out to the farm to play with all the other irregular Droids....my new Droid ROCKS!
  10. harpua

harpua New Member

DROID FTW! i really have grown to love htc devices up to the release of this phone, but the hardware qwerty was a major selling point for me. i am very satisfied with this phone. now hopefully the updates on the 11th will have the flash for browser and i wonder if i'll ever "upgrade" again! <3 the droid.
  11. s-one

s-one New Member

Look here right, I love my Droid because it don't snap crackle and pop like my AT& Blackberry Curve. That Curve use to rock any speaker I set it next to. The Droid just stares at me and says Drroooid. Love'n it.
  12. mwinne

mwinne New Member

Coming form a razor, I :heart: my :motdroidhoriz:. It is everything I hoped for and more.
  13. lauriep

lauriep New Member

Absolutely love it. Still play with it whenever I am sitting still. Add a new app almost everyday because of a recommendation I get here. Great BB!
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  14. windstrings

windstrings New Member

Its the gift to myself that keeps on giving!..... so many apps, so little time!
  15. dreed

dreed New Member

people always compare the droid to the iphone and they are two total different animals.... apple set the bar really high for what a phone should be, and droid is right there with it!! I LOVE MY DROID!!!
  16. gdoane

gdoane New Member

A phone that listens to you.

How cool is that?

So far, the voice recognition has been dead on and with voice recognition plus the Google search engine, cripes, Star Trek didn't even dream of this.

My old phone (Moto Q) had voice recog but it was crap to give it a compliment. This phone has voice recog solid as a rock. I haven't seen the Droid make a mistake yet.

It's not just a phone you can talk into, it's a phone you can talk to.
  17. shademar

shademar New Member

Yes!! I registered just to say this. Particularly love the Android community, custamizability, awesome hardware, gorgeous screen, network reliability, and Google everything integration. This is the ultimate geek phone, imo.
  18. TheBobarazzi

TheBobarazzi New Member

My girlfriend hates it because I am on it 24/7. I love it. (the girl and the phone)

I came from an HTC Touch which I threw at the wall as soon as I found out I could upgrade to the DROID
  19. mcm180

mcm180 New Member

wow .. glad to hear about the SmartPhone converts/rookies! I was a hardcore BlackberryHead/CrackberryAddict ..for years!!! and love my DROID because...

it reboots so quickly

has gorgeous mesmerizing screen/display

records amazing video with direct upload to youtube

has three home screens (at least)

has more than 10,000 apps with sweet app store

google sync (everything maps, search, picasa, navigation)

makes people with Blackberries and iPhones say WOW!!!!!

so many more reasons ... but i don't wanna ramble .. not yet anyways

MaYNOR Caleb M. (mcm180) on Twitter btw
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  20. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

this is my first smartphone and I am in a family of iphone 3gs owners and all I can say it OH SNAPS Droid WINS! in Fact today I had to get somewhere I have never been kinda far away. I fired up the google maps, then turned on trapster to alert me of any police then turned on Pandora for the long ride. I had all 3 apps running at the same time time and arrived at my destination with no problems with any of the programs, can your iphone do that? oh no it cant!! LOVE my DROID!!!