The HTC Droid DNA Case Thread

Nevermore

Reaction score
I'm so leery of using a case now after reading about the blue dots. I typically don't use cases on my phones, but this one I might have to since it is a little slippery.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Blue dots? Explain please.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

HTC1234

Reaction score
I've had two phones with blue dots so far. Was using Otterbox defender when I got mine. Now I am going caseless.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I've gone case less and im now using the zagg full protection skin. It's actually ok after a few days, not 24 hours. The back have me weird results. Don't add water on the back side lol. They don't help you that. I hate that they said easy installation, which is usually the dry one, but it was the wet install. It's working fine though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

silver90

Reaction score
I love the look of the DNA and the red accents. I went caseless for a couple of weeks, then disaster. A youngster accidentally slid the phone off the kitchen counter and it hit on the tile floor. The glass broke and corner of case cracked. I used a stick on screen protector to keep the glass intact until I got a replacement. (It felt like small particles were coming out) I used the insurance to get a replacement (now I'm glad I brought it). I now have an Otterbox Defender in white and gray, my wife has one for her DNA in black. The black looks better on the DNA. It provides great protection (I think, I haven't tested it), but it totally changes the look and feel of the phone. The screen cover does reduce the sensitivity. I also brought a black Diztronic and it looks great on the phone and doesn't add much bulk, but does cover all the red. I use the Diztronic when I can carry the phone in a pocket. Being a guy, I need a holster to carry most of the time. Wish more manufacturers would offer a holster. I do believe the DNA needs some corner protection with the glass running edge to edge, looks great, doesn't like drops. I wish a manufacturer would provide a sleek phone with built in protection and a holster to keep it in. That would be something to purchase. Seems silly to make a great looking phone that requires a case to protect it.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I love the look of the DNA and the red accents. I went caseless for a couple of weeks, then disaster. A youngster accidentally slid the phone off the kitchen counter and it hit on the tile floor. The glass broke and corner of case cracked. I used a stick on screen protector to keep the glass intact until I got a replacement. (It felt like small particles were coming out) I used the insurance to get a replacement (now I'm glad I brought it). I now have an Otterbox Defender in white and gray, my wife has one for her DNA in black. The black looks better on the DNA. It provides great protection (I think, I haven't tested it), but it totally changes the look and feel of the phone. The screen cover does reduce the sensitivity. I also brought a black Diztronic and it looks great on the phone and doesn't add much bulk, but does cover all the red. I use the Diztronic when I can carry the phone in a pocket. Being a guy, I need a holster to carry most of the time. Wish more manufacturers would offer a holster. I do believe the DNA needs some corner protection with the glass running edge to edge, looks great, doesn't like drops. I wish a manufacturer would provide a sleek phone with built in protection and a holster to keep it in. That would be something to purchase. Seems silly to make a great looking phone that requires a case to protect it.

All phones require a case to protect them, and any phone that takes a dive off a table could very easily end up as yours did, so don't blame HTC.

But you should really check out the Seidio Surface case and holster. Protection that doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone, doesn't ruin the sexy lines of the phone.

You can't see all of the red accents with the Surface case on, but the red on the power button and volume buttons is easily visible. Also the rear notification LED is visible.

SEIDIO | HTC Droid DNA

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I would avoid the Poetic Atmosphere case.
I have had mine for less than a week and the rubber bumper is separating from the plastic shell.

Trying to get a replacement sent.

Kermi

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Ballistic SG MAXX because i needed a holster. I tried the Otterbox Defender and hated it. But so far i have really enjoyed using this case. Fits it perfect and the holster holds it really well. I did get rid of the screen protector that came with the case. I put this on instead and it is crystal clear and feels nice to the touch.

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - HTC DROID DNA Screen Protector Shield + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

DSCF3694.jpg DSCF3695.jpg

silver90

Reaction score
Thanks, the Siedio wasn't out yet and I didn't want to go too long without a case for the replacement. I'm curious if the Diztronic will fit in the Siedio Surface holster. I really don't like the bulk of the Defender. The Ballastic SG Maxx was about the same size of the Defender (according to reviews online) so I opted for the Defender with the kickstand, looks nice though. I may have to fork out the extra cash for the Siedio. Does the Surface provide enough drop protection?

I do think the manufacturers could put a little more effort into providing a case when the phones come out. The case and holster from Verizon for the DNA had no corner protection at all and I don't think it would have helped with a drop. My Droid X had a similar case, but with the corners surrounded. Thanks for everyones input. It lasted the life of the phone.

vannDROID

Reaction score
Just ordered my Active w/ metal kickstand from Seidio. $34.95 with free shipping for military. So if you're vet.....;)