The HTC Droid DNA Case Thread

jphilpjr

Reaction score
Otterbox Defender

I just got the otterbox defender in, they didn't have it last week when i got the phone so i have been going caseless this week. they couldn't answer me in the store as to weather or not the QI charging would work as thick as the otterbox defender was, and i couldn't find any answers for it, but it does work just as well as not having a case on it. like with all otterboxes it makes the phone much MUCH larger than it was before, but worth it considering i purchased the phone so that i wouldn't lose my unlimited data. investment to protect my investment, i have to reccomend this case.

cp24eva

Reaction score
EBAY link here.

The good thing I like is that I don't have to wait for 2-3 weeks for shipping from HongKong or China... I dont mind that additional 1 buck to have it asap...

picture

View attachment 59101

This case looks super thin and it's what I want...super thin but covers my phone all the way around...except for the screen. Have you compared this to the one verizon sells? I want to replace it because all the cut outs seem to deep for me and I want something with the least bit of bulk and the most coverage. If there was a 100 percent coverage skin I'd get it lol.

Shel

Reaction score

I just purchased the Qmadix Legacy Cover, in white.

It has a soft TPU inner lining, with a hard exterior shell. The two layers don't come apart, but the case is much like the two layer cases you see.

I was able to go to a local vendor, who had the Qmadix in white, black and Purple. The purple actually looks very nice (color on the internet is very accurate to what it actually looks like, unlike what is sometimes the situation), I just went with the white because I'm more conservative, I guess, and thought the purple may look to youthful. It's a very nice color!

Case provides excellent protection, while not adding too much to the overall size. I already have a Nillkin case, which is thinner then the Qmadix, but I didn't feel that the Nillkin would provide much, if any, protection. This case will.

The Qmadix covers the power and volume buttons, the power button has a raised nub, easy to find by feel, and turns the device on/off without any problems!

The Legacy Cover slips easily into your pocket, because of the smooth, hard plastic shell, but provides good grip with the cut-outs on either side!

Works fine with conductive charger, as well.

Hope this helps. I'd say, if you like the looks (and I like it MUCH more then the looks of the Otterbox case), go for it!

2012-12-30+07.20.07.jpg

Psykho

Reaction score
What is a good case that has a holster like the OtterBox Defender? I have the Defender and it sux! Blocked rear notification and lost screen sensitivity.
Or maybe a good thin case that i could fit in a leather pouch holster.

Was thinking of getting this and using a pouch.

Amazon.com: Qmadix Legacy Cover for HTC DROID DNA - Purple/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I always take the screen protector off my defenders I went almost 2 years with my T-bolt and no scratches. Just need to watch out for sand.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I wanted this but they didn't have it at the time I was buying. Looks really slim and cool.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

goodwill295

Reaction score
I got the Diztronic case and its great! Except that it leaves marks on the back of my phone near the camera and speaker... And in two straight lines down the back... Hopefully the ballistic sg max case will be released soon.

Jastzu

Reaction score
I purchased this 3 days ago:

Black Apex Hybrid Gel Hard Case Cover for Verizon HTC Droid DNA 6435 Accessory | eBay

(A Black APEX Hybrid Gel Hard Case Cover For Verizon HTC Droid DNA 6435, in case the link breaks)

I'd been sitting on the fence, very much considering the Diztronic. I actually like the rear notification light, though, and the Apex was the first one I found with a cut-out (though the Poetic case Jayrod posted looks like it may show the RNL as well). For $8.00 I figured I'd go for it. I haven't received it yet but I'll update with impressions once I do if anyone is interested.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I have been slacking and I have been meaning to post on the forums about the numerous cases I have bought for the DNA

Incipio Faxion - Great looking case. Light weight. Not that bulky. Glossy...but this is a bad thing. Within a day of normal use, the gloss started to get scratched and whatnot. Was a horrible look on a black case. Another color might not bee so noticeable. Incipio kindly gave me an exchange which is coming in the mail soon. Also, button presses are so good on this case. Not bad, but not good like the two below.

Ballistic case - All the edges are a bit bulky, but not too bulky. Case has a very grainy feel to it, but it highly gripable and hugs your phone like a glove. If it werent for the bulky edges, I'd be using that one.All buttons are easy to press. The top power button actually protrudes so you can easily wake your phone on command.

Poetic - Simple case. translucent back, sturdy sides. Cutouts are good. Only problem is it seem slightly loose in comparison to the Ballistic case. The feel is a mix between grainy and glossy. I actually like it the best. Not bulky at all and actually give the phone a natural feel for me as if the phone should have been made similar to that. All the buttons are easy to press too.

jayrod718

Reaction score
Just bought this case, not much info on it but it's cheap on sale for $6 down from $25 and poetic makes good cases.

Check this out on AMZN:

Poetic Atmosphere Case for HTC Droid DNA (Verizon) Clear/Gray(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANGOJ44/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us?ie=UTF8

I'm loving this case so far, I like the notification lights on rear are not blocked and the headphone slot has extra room for thicker aux plugs. The only thing I have against it is my fingers seem to sweat and this makes the back side very slick. The sides have excellent grip though. I have this case and a couple cruzerlite cases and I have to say this poetic case is much thinner than the other tpu cases I've tried.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Great news! Seidio is now shipping Surface cases for the DNA!

SEIDIO | HTC Droid DNA

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
My Seidio Surface case and holster arrived today!

I have to say, it is just as nice and sleek as all of the other Seidio cases I've had. It fits perfectly! My DNA seems much sleeker, slimmer, sexier now!

AND... The rear notification LED is easily visible!

I was a little worried that I would have trouble finding the power and volume buttons, but it's no problem, at least for me.

Highly recommended!