The hotspot and vista OS on laptop

fiddlemanchris

Reaction score
OK, not really sure where this belongs. But I have a DROID RAZR maxx, and I can't get the hotspot to connect with my Acer laptop which has vista OS. I was wondering if anyone could help me out on what I'm doing wrong. I can tether it directly and it works. This is a replacement phone from the insurance company. But the phone I had prior to this was the exact same thing and had no problem with it connecting. So can anyone help?

aktrazer

Reaction score
fiddlemanchris said:
OK, not really sure where this belongs. But I have a DROID RAZR maxx, and I can't get the hotspot to connect with my Acer laptop which has vista OS. I was wondering if anyone could help me out on what I'm doing wrong. I can tether it directly and it works. This is a replacement phone from the insurance company. But the phone I had prior to this was the exact same thing and had no problem with it connecting. So can anyone help?

Have you tried a different hotspot application? Like FoxFi?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX Limited Edition using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes. Foxfi is a tethering app. Its free in the play store. It works well. I use it a lot.

OP
F

fiddlemanchris

Reaction score
Well I downloaded the foxfire app. And tried it out and it doesn't work either. I'm thinking it must be a setting that got changed either on my phone or my laptop. What y'all think?

wendee2150

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Yes. Foxfi is a tethering app. Its free in the play store. It works well. I use it a lot.

Does Verizon charge you for using Foxfi to tether your phone to something?

aktrazer

Reaction score
wendee2150 said:
Does Verizon charge you for using Foxfi to tether your phone to something?

Nope. Just goes against your data usage on your plan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX Limited Edition using Droid Forums